Mil Surplus TV-7A/U Tube Tester

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Finally! After several years of searching, I at last found my old tube tester in the mess in our garage! I've got a couple of shelves of old tube ham radios and SW receivers waiting to be overhauled but couldn't find my tester. So, I'll clean it up and go through its internals replacing capacitors, checking old carbon composite resistors/replacing where needed and go through the manual alignment and get it back to snuff. Can't believe what they are asking for these on eBay compared to what I got it for at a ham fest 40 years ago, not that I want to sell it. This thing is compact but weighs 18 pounds and is built like the proverbial mil spec brick outhouse and accurate. Only things missing are a couple of wiring adapters that can be remade if needed. The pin straighteners and tube adapters are still there as is the tube plate cap harness and tube manual. Now if I can only find my box of spare tubes...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I had bought spares for all my radios at ham fests back many years ago. Sadly, these days, to retube the radios would cost more than I paid for them and probably more than what you could sell the working rig for...