Microcontroller-based secured wireless data transmitter & receiver device

eng.me

Joined Dec 10, 2012
Drear all,
I'm suppose to design and implement Microcontroller-based secured wireless data transmitter & receiver device.
As a beginner in this field I face some problem, and the are some Q. needs to be answered.
Note: the algorithm that I'm going to use is AES.

The project idea is :

- A transmitter that receive the data from the PC through the USB port , then inside the transmitter the data get encrypted by the Algorithm witch burned in the micro controller , after that the data get transmitted.

- the second part is the receiver part the data get received then get decryption process then send to the receiver computer.

- My first Q is " Is it possible to implement like that project?
- second : What components going to be used for each part of the projects?
- Is it possible to burn the algorithm source code in in the micro controller.
- if possible what type of micro controller shall I use? ( the one that have the largest ROM & RAM ).
- how can I interface the PC using USB to the transmitter & receiver?
- What Freq. shall I use in project.

If any body know any think about the project parts or have been read a similar project plz help me.

I hope that I can get an answer for the hole or parts of the Qs.

I'll be relay thankful for all.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I think nobody answered your question because it is a hard thing to do and very few people have done it.

First you need to get the wireless modules and make them communicate reliably, don't worry about the encryption part. Then when you have got the wireless part working well you can add the encrypt/decrypt later.

For a start you should do a lot of research yourself on the wireless modules and see what people are using and how they connect and write code for those modules.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
RB makes a good point. Since it is a transmitted signal anyone can come by and sniff out the data, but as long as the data they sniff is encrypted they don't learn anything.

So to construct such a system first you make an unencrypted data data link, then add in encryption later once that part works.

There are many products out there to help you, Microchip has several useful things to start you off.

eng.me

Joined Dec 10, 2012
Thank you so much (RB & ErnieM ) .
Shall I built the wireless data communication by my own?
I think I have read or hear that there are some RF module already exist in the markets.
All I need is to buy one and then interface it where ever I need.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Check out the RF module on ebay or at hobby outlets like Sparkfun. You shoudl also be able to google for code and sample schematic etc where people have used these RF modules in their own projects.

eng.me

Joined Dec 10, 2012
Thanks RB.
Until now the only problem that I'm facing is the RF module .
Source code of algorithm , Micro controller ...etc I already have it.
thanks again.