Mesta Fusion, traffic misbehaving monitor

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Looks like a wet dream of Big Brother.

1984 was not a "how to" manual.

If they want to monitor and enforce rules in this fashion then the cars themselves should be self driving and not be capable of illegal traffic behavior in the first place.

Visions of dollar signs dancing in the city father's heads.

I don't like it, in case you couldn't tell

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
it would be helpful.

But a much simpler and easier solution would be high gas prices. I'm a staunch supporter of $50/gl gas. that money would be used to pave more roads.

high gas prices fundamentally solve many of our problems.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have said: If we all got caught for every infraction we ever did, 100% of the population would be doing, "life without parole".
Mesta Fusion is the next step in that kind of government surveillance and control.

The only thing that occupies my mind when I see that is, "What kind of explosive can I actually get and how much would be required to shatter the concrete pillar."

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I think I should add to that before the SWAT team arrives.

Traffic cameras are losing ground in the U.S. because they aren't profitable enough, this result contradicting the propaganda about the cameras being, "for safety". The CEO of Redflex is now doing 14 months in prison.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/redflex-ceo-prison-bribing-politicians/

I suppose this Mesta Fusion device is an attempt to increase profitability, but as Kermit said, it's a Big Brother Wet Dream come true, and probably relying on the theory of, "If you build it, they will spend" and, "There is no limit to how much a government will spend on The Surveillance State."

I certainly hope the cost of watching everybody, all the time, is prohibitive, because governments do not respond to voters, they respond to cash flow. I already plan my driving routes to avoid traffic cameras which issue traffic tickets, but I see dozens of cameras that are merely surveillance devices. Notice, I said, "I plan my routes", not "I plan to deploy explosives".

It's a matter of degree. When people can no longer plan their routes to avoid surveillance, they will either plan to change the surveillance state or they will succumb to it. Right now, it looks like, "succumb" is winning, and my best hope is to die of natural causes before the inevitable results of too much government are completed. Blowing up traffic monitors really isn't a practical solution to a State that spends billions per year on Universal Surveillance. The fact that my mind quickly arrives at that scenario only betrays how old I am. I used to live in a world where the citizens controlled the government and the government was merely a method of providing infrastructure.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
it would be helpful.

But a much simpler and easier solution would be high gas prices. I'm a staunch supporter of $50/gl gas. that money would be used to pave more roads.

high gas prices fundamentally solve many of our problems.
Ya know... Inasmuch as you insist upon trolling, might I suggest you investigate the 'virtues' of subtly? -- And please! - There's no need to (further) insult the membership's intelligence with declarations of sincerity - at upwards of 1,700 counted posts we know you know better!:rolleyes:

With jaded regards
HP:p

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
But you can understand loosies sock puppet. Can't be true then.

The ridiculously expensive taxi cab industry had priced itself out of reach of ordinary citizens of ordinary means. Probably not by accident, but that is another post. So Uber evolved to fill a need for cheaper ways to get around town. Suddenly this company is a boogie man in the news and in courts. Everyone seems to think there is something fundamentally wrong in a new company doing what Taxi cabs do but cheaper. They are cheating somehow by not costing ordinary people as much money as taxi rides. They need to be regulated "for safety" because strangers driving taxis are much more law abiding people than the average citizens working for Uber.

It is hard to remain engaged with news and other media because it is so transparently biased against average people and our cares and desires. So I seem unconcerned and disconnected from everyday issues but the opposite is really the case. I suspect the others who feel this way aRe many. We Are Legion.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
The ridiculously expensive taxi cab industry had priced itself out of reach of ordinary citizens of ordinary means.
I was over in Turkey a few years ago and their public transportation systems plus cab systems were incredible by our standards. ~$2 American (~$8 Turkish equivalent) got you a 24 hour public bus pass that got you anywhere you needed whether it was 2 blocks a way or if you just want hop from bus to bus until your day ticket expired.

Cabs were great too! Press a button on a pole on any street and within minute some cab showed up and it was ~ 10 - 25 cents a mile depending on what size of cab you had pick you up (mini or full size van) to go anywhere. Cripes there are days I take my flatbed truck to town that costs me more than 25 cents a mile and I own it!