ELECTROSTATIC FUSION

ben sorenson

Joined Feb 28, 2022
Hello, I have seen those experimental pressurized D-T Fusion Chambers online people are playing around with, the question I have is even though the "fusion" that is being experimented with outputs less energy than that is required to operate it, would it not still produce neutrons and gamma rays v.i.a the deuterium fusion process? Furthermore, seeing videos of these online, I do not see that users have any shielding, like water placed around the perimeter to moderate neutrons or shield from gamma rays, etc.. or are they "built in" to the chamber walls or something? Or.. since it does not generate more energy than required to run it, does it fail to produce neutrons or gamma rays?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Post a link to one of those experimental pressurized D-T Fusion Chambers online people are playing around with so we can get an idea of what you're talking about.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I think you will find that this is the wrong forum for your topic. This site is about electronic circuits though sometimes we dip into basic physics, but this rings of sentiments about "cold fusion" we are not prepared for this and you should be presenting to people experienced and conversant in the finer aspects of such things. Come back after your speculations have been evaluated by those who have expertise in that field.

ben sorenson

Joined Feb 28, 2022
Hello, I have seen those experimental pressurized D-T Fusion Chambers online people are playing around with, the question I have is even though the "fusion" that is being experimented with outputs less energy than that is required to operate it, would it not still produce neutrons and gamma rays v.i.a the deuterium fusion process? Furthermore, seeing videos of these online, IEC Fusion Devices I don't see that users have any shielding, like water placed around the perimeter to moderate neutrons or shield from gamma rays, etc.. or are they "built in" to the chamber walls or something? Or.. since it does not generate more energy than required to run it, does it fail to produce neutrons or gamma rays?

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
Ohhhh, Fusors, or the classic "star in a jar." These machines are purely novelties, and nothing more. Yes, they produce TINY amounts of fusion and glow nicely, but they have no practical way of generating useful energy.

Edit: I suppose also a neat way to generate some of the fusion byproducts, like helium and x-rays, but in small amounts.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I think you will find that this is the wrong forum for your topic. This site is about electronic circuits though sometimes we dip into basic physics, but this rings of sentiments about "cold fusion" we are not prepared for this and you should be presenting to people experienced and conversant in the finer aspects of such things. Come back after your speculations have been evaluated by those who have expertise in that field.
The laser excited deuterium experiments are definitely NOT the classic bench top "cold fusion" electrochemical experiments from the 1990s.