Merry Christmas from Pittsburgh!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
After viewing some form outside the US may wonder where in the world is Pittsburgh? Is it a country with it's own language?

Not exactly but close. Pittsburgh is located in the State of Pennsylvania south west of New York City.

The local dialect is know as "Pittsburgese" but is really spoken throughout the region.

So here it is a little Christmas music from Pittsburgh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asK9twaaQq4

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I imagine Christmas in Pittsburgh is a tad different than Christmas in South Florida.

I was cleaning my pool this weekend. What were you doing?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I watched our maintenance people spreading deicing pellets for the snow.
I spent my childhood in NJ...hated the snow (you know the story: two miles to school...barefoot...in the snow...up hill...both ways...).

I like warm, sunny winters! Though Santa usually comes in shorts (have you ever seen his legs? :eek:). And we need to leave out a Cuban sandwich and a margarita for him on Christmas Eve....no milk and cookies down here!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I spent my childhood in NJ...hated the snow (you know the story: two miles to school...barefoot...in the snow...up hill...both ways...).

I like warm, sunny winters! Though Santa usually comes in shorts (have you ever seen his legs? :eek:). And we need to leave out a Cuban sandwich and a margarita for him on Christmas Eve....no milk and cookies down here!
You forgot that it was 10 feet of snow in the summer. 50 feet in the winter. :eek: