Merry Christmas, Everyone.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
My best wishes to everyone for this holiday season. I hope that each of you have the chance to spend time with family and friends and approach the new year with refreshed hope for a better world as the human race evolves.

I hope you can bring the feeling of comfort and joy you can feel when surrounded by the ones you love into the ordinary days of the new year and by your example help others.

To those who may be alone during these days, my hope for you in this upcoming year is that you to find a person or people who can be yours and who can share your time for mutual benefit. Being alone is very hard, we are social creatures, but everyone can find someone if they allow others into their lives.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
My best wishes to everyone for this holiday season. I hope that each of you have the chance to spend time with family and friends and approach the new year with refreshed hope for a better world as the human race evolves.

I hope you can bring the feeling of comfort and joy you can feel when surrounded by the ones you love into the ordinary days of the new year and by your example help others.

To those who may be alone during these days, my hope for you in this upcoming year is that you to find a person or people who can be yours and who can share your time for mutual benefit. Being alone is very hard, we are social creatures, but everyone can find someone if they allow others into their lives.
OK, now we need an [AMEN BROTHER] button.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
1703696706117.png
Cakepocolypse.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/12/27/japan/society/takashimaya-christmas-cake/
Takashimaya apologizes over damaged Christmas cakes
Hundreds of customers who preordered a Christmas cake online from major department store chain Takashimaya were heavily disappointed on Christmas Day when they discovered that their cakes had been damaged.

The pricey ¥5,400 cakes were meant to be delivered frozen, but many arrived melted, lopsided or crumbled. Out of the 2,879 cakes sold, Takashimaya has received 1,207 complaints as of Tuesday from disgruntled customers, of which 807 cases of damage was confirmed.
1703696648886.png

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
You should know by now that on AAC Christmas lights must blink.

Have a good one!
Hi,

That's an interesting animation. It looks like the tiny 'lights' are rotating in little triangles and that gives the impression that they are blinking. Interesting idea.
I mention this because I sometimes do stuff like this in software. For example, push buttons that have a fire coming out of the top that looks like real fire flames with a slight breeze that makes the flames slightly drift to one side. The fire starts when the mouse hovers over one of the buttons. This involves a lot of random variables rather than a repeating pattern so it pretty much never shows the same exact flames over again.
Don't know if I can make an animation for here though to show the effect it's really cool.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This is one of those situations where the company has an opportunity, if it realizes it, to come out smelling like a rose in the long run. Regardless of the root cause of what happened (though they certainly need to investigate that internally and deal with it), they should immediately accept full responsibility and then go out of their way to make things over-the-top right by their customers. My first thought would be to contact all of the customers (not just the ones that complained) and offer to given them two cakes, each of them worth a bit more than the ones that were originally purchased, to be delivered at a time and place of the customer's choosing over the next year (or perhaps longer), or to offer a refund of 2x the purchase price to any customer that would prefer that instead, no questions asked.

Sure, it will hit their bottom line in the short term, but what it will do for their reputation and future business will almost certainly far and away make up for it.