Measuring NTC behaviour on LTSpice

kalemaxon89

Joined Oct 12, 2022
I continue here what I started at the end of this other thread.

I am watching this video and would like to simulate the circuit at 12:52 minutes.
The problem is as follows:
1681634074460.png
As @ericgibbs has already said... checking my circuit, it appears that I am trying to determine the resistance of R1 using the values in the T_NTC equation which depend on the values of R1, which in turn depend on the values of T_NTC.
(i.e.: two interdependent unknown values)

If you keep watching the video, the graphic that will come out will be this:
1681636972779.png
V(t_ntc) represents temperature! not voltage!

There is something in the simulation shown in the video that you cannot see at 12:52 minutes that allows you to simulate without errors ... but what?

Attachments

kalemaxon89

Joined Oct 12, 2022
hi k,
Watched the video, created the circuit for simulation, got the same error as you.
Reading the comments of other viewer shows, they have had the same error.

Perhaps @Bordodynov will have an answer.

E
Thank you very much!
1) Can you explain why you wrote ic={TEMP} in the capacitor? What does it mean? Does it change anything if I remove it?
2) What is 'Amme' and how did you palce it (the arrow in the circuit branch)?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thank you very much!
1) Can you explain why you wrote ic={TEMP} in the capacitor? What does it mean? Does it change anything if I remove it?
2) What is 'Amme' and how did you palce it (the arrow in the circuit branch)?
The .ic command sets an initial condition on a component.
The Amme is a custom symbol that is a voltage source set at 0 V DC which will allow you to use the current going through it in an expression.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Amme is an abbreviation for Ammeter, a current meter. I was too lazy to write the full name. I thought four letters would be enough to understand the function.