Measuring a material's capacity/quality for ultrasonic media use?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Ultrasonic media use takes in a wide, really wide, series of applications. Depends on what you want to ultrasonic clean? Ultrasonic cleaning solutions as in liquid or media as in corn cob or ground walnut shells? Media implies a dry mix.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, Ron has guessed that you are asking about ultras sonic cleaning. I was thinking about ranging and detecting.
So really the question will need to have a fair amount more detail. If cleaning, is it watches, dentures, or engine blocks??

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, ultrasonic pressure wire bonding. Quite different.
And it makes sense to use copper instead of gold, much cheaper and more plentiful. I think that I have seen aluminum wire bonding discussed as well.
But the whole concept of wire bonds for IC connections is poor because that skinny wire can not carry much current, and also it is a added inductance in the package. Chips flipped and soldered to the lead-frame makes much more sense. Less inductance and much greater current capacity. Perhaps ultrasonic solder bonding??

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Wow, I really missed the boat on this one.
How do we measure a material's quality/property for ultrasonic media use?
Takes on a whole new process involving bonding of often micro diameter wires to pads. Thinking chemical engineering figures into all of this, I did read Wire Bonding, a Way to Stitch Chips to PCBs which I remember little of. One of those things we see and come away thinking it was cool how they did that. Not my forte for sure.

Sorry as I can,t be of any help on this. :(

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I suggest learning about " Flip Chip" as another option.
And I am wondering why learning about die bonding if you are not an IC producer. Or is this relative to LED assembly? Current bright LEDS draw a lot more current.