McDonald's

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
When you tell these children in the Mc Dondalds TV spot "Birth is just the announcement of upcoming death", probably, they'd stop laughing.

But clowns are supposed to say things like that? Make people anxious just by their sheer presence.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Kind of morbid, if you think about it.

None (most?) of us wish to, or are at least eager to, die. Yet, our fundamental purpose is to create more of us to look forward to the same demise.
Not doing it :p Watch the process at work, gets me down, drives to drink and to too much thinking... I'm too young for this s***

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Back to McDonalds. I think reducing menu clutter is a good idea but eliminating specials is an awful idea. At least for customers like me. I won't go without a coupon.
I go to McDs about four mornings a week. I order a senior coffee or senior soft drink, and a Sausage McMuffin with no sausage (which gets me a toasted muffin with cheese.) I add my home grown, home cooked Black Copper Marans egg and a piece of turkey ham, and for $1.76, I have a reasonably healthy, and very tasty breakfast. (That is, if I forget the cost of building a coop and run, feeding the chickens, and buying the turkey ham. :))

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
the grandbabies make the aches and pain of old age go away for a time. Seems for every bad, there is a good to keep balance.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I go to McDs about four mornings a week. I order a senior coffee or senior soft drink, and a Sausage McMuffin with no sausage (which gets me a toasted muffin with cheese.) I add my home grown, home cooked Black Copper Marans egg and a piece of turkey ham, and for $1.76, I have a reasonably healthy, and very tasty breakfast. (That is, if I forget the cost of building a coop and run, feeding the chickens, and buying the turkey ham. :))
I read somewhere that new research is saying a high fat content along with certain additives in junk food enters the gut and the immune systems response will generate a type of protein that can inflame the gut as well as damage good bacteria of over 200 different types. Not just "Mcdonald's" but this can happen at home or anywhere you ingest a high fatty content with some types food additives. Leading to obesity, bloating and any number of illnesses.

I found one article closely related.

http://bfg.oxfordjournals.org/content/9/5-6/355.full

I like two Hash Browns and one Sausage and Egg Muffin; but I include a glass of orange juice. Research has found it stops this damaging protein in it's tracks.

Promoting good bacteria is essential: Eating food stuffs that help increase good bacteria in the gut are fermented pickles, kimchie, sauerkraut, kifir, yogurt to name a few. Green Vegetables like broccoli and others promote healthy bacteria; but if you cook them above 80C will cause them to break down to fast destroying vital nutrients. I tend to think that the body also has a natural process of breaking down vegetables and food stuffs; while over cooking decreases nutrients that fuel good bacteria.

Decreasing alcohol, sugar, stress. Increasing mobility exercise, stretching, etc. we know can help overall.

A study on surgeonfish resulted in some knowledge of how bacterium will seek to survive. Upsetting the balance of good vs bad bacteria could possibly lead to auto-immune system diseases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epulopiscium_fishelsoni

kv

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I read somewhere that new research is saying a high fat content along with certain additives in junk food enters the gut and the immune systems response will generate a type of protein that can inflame the gut as well as damage good bacteria of over 200 different types. Not just "Mcdonald's" but this can happen at home or anywhere you ingest a high fatty content with some types food additives. Leading to obesity, bloating and any number of illnesses.

I found one article closely related.

http://bfg.oxfordjournals.org/content/9/5-6/355.full

I like two Hash Browns and one Sausage and Egg Muffin; but I include a glass of orange juice. Research has found it stops this damaging protein in it's tracks.

Promoting good bacteria is essential: Eating food stuffs that help increase good bacteria in the gut are fermented pickles, kimchie, sauerkraut, kifir, yogurt to name a few. Green Vegetables like broccoli and others promote healthy bacteria; but if you cook them above 80C will cause them to break down to fast destroying vital nutrients. I tend to think that the body also has a natural process of breaking down vegetables and food stuffs; while over cooking decreases nutrients that fuel good bacteria.

Decreasing alcohol, sugar, stress. Increasing mobility exercise, stretching, etc. we know can help overall.

A study on surgeonfish resulted in some knowledge of how bacterium will seek to survive. Upsetting the balance of good vs bad bacteria could possibly lead to auto-immune system diseases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epulopiscium_fishelsoni

kv
And yet, human lifespan keeps getting longer...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Didn't you post a graph a while ago about the limit of the human lifespan?
Yes, I did...it illustrates a brick wall between 100 and 110 that appears impossible to surmount regardless of how "healthy" or not you choose to live your life. But life expectancy has been increasing steadily, regardless of "unnatural" foods, chemicals, pollution, and McDonalds, and is expected to continue for some time.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Yes, I did...it illustrates a brick wall between 100 and 110 that appears impossible to surmount regardless of how "healthy" or not you choose to live your life. But life expectancy has been increasing steadily, regardless of "unnatural" foods, chemicals, pollution, and McDonalds, and is expected to continue for some time.
I think that we have a lot of unnatural things in our modern lives to thank for our increase of not only our lifespans, but of our quality of life as well