McDonald's

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The last time I ate at McDonalds, I spent 2 days in the hospital with Salmonella.

I have to admire the fact that they bulldozed that restaurant flat and built a new McDonalds in the same spot, but I still don't place the same bet twice when the penalty for picking the wrong horse is a near death experience.

If you believe the Healthnuts, eating at McDonalds is a form of slow death, anyway.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
if they brought back the beef fat in the fryers so the fries tasted good again, I would start going there again. cardboard flavored potato sticks with some salt are what they serve now. Bleeeck!

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Kind of morbid, if you think about it.

None (most?) of us wish to, or are at least eager to, die. Yet, our fundamental purpose is to create more of us to look forward to the same demise.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
if they brought back the beef fat in the fryers so the fries tasted good again, I would start going there again. cardboard flavored potato sticks with some salt are what they serve now. Bleeeck!
Sorry, I disagree.

McFries are the Guiness beer of french fries.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
The last time I ate at McDonalds, I spent 2 days in the hospital with Salmonella.

I have to admire the fact that they bulldozed that restaurant flat and built a new McDonalds in the same spot, but I still don't place the same bet twice when the penalty for picking the wrong horse is a near death experience.

If you believe the Healthnuts, eating at McDonalds is a form of slow death, anyway.
You must've looked nice and thin after your recovery...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You must've looked nice and thin after your recovery...
No. Two days of trying to poop myself to death wasn't as bad as last August with the back injury. Twelve days unconscious and I lost 10 pounds. I didn't know a person could survive for 12 days without eating or drinking.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
No. Two days of trying to poop myself to death wasn't as bad as last August with the back injury. Twelve days unconscious and I lost 10 pounds. I didn't know a person could survive for 12 days without eating or drinking.
OMG... glad to hear you're still around after that extreme experience... a person can survive far longer than that if he is fed through IV and tubes...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Twelve days unconscious and I lost 10 pounds. I didn't know a person could survive for 12 days without eating or drinking.
When I was a kid I had diarrhea for 2 straight weeks and lost about 1 lb per day. My mother forced me to drink weak tea, and I think buttermilk was involved. Either was hard to get down and went thru in minutes, or so it seemed. She was making arrangements to take me to the hospital when I woke up and was really, really hungry.

Back to McDonalds. I think reducing menu clutter is a good idea but eliminating specials is an awful idea. At least for customers like me. I won't go without a coupon.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
McDonald's CEO stepped down yesterday.

Today, I noticed at the drive-thru all the special pricing is gone, and the menu has been reduced by 6 items.

That was fast!
Wow. No more pink slime? No more fatty smell lingering through shopping malls? No more children laughing in a red tent? No more too hot coffee (I cant verify that one)? No more old ladies buying one of these, then munching on some stuff from a plastic bag for two hours?