MC80 treadmill motor controller schematic

trolley1

Joined Oct 26, 2009
Recently, an MC-80 Rev A Motor Controller came into my possession. I am using it to adapt my Jet 12-36 wood lathe to use a treadmill motor for its power. That allows the adjustment of the lathe speed from 0 RPM to too much. Since I had reverse-engineered the MC-60 motor controller back in 2009 and that proved useful to others, I decided to do the same for the MC-80 controller. After about a week of eye-straining effort, I have attached the schematic I developed. As before, I do not guarantee that it is 100 percent accurate.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Wow, you are ahead of time did it in Dec 2017!;)

I am just in the process of documenting a MC-60 rev-J and noticed it is quite a bit different that the earlier ones reverse engineered?
I thought the later versions, MC-80 etc, were PWM, or maybe just the MC-70?
Max.

trolley1

Joined Oct 26, 2009
I was able to move the components slightly and see the designators. For only 1 or 2 items was that impossible and I was able to deduce what they were. I did not put values on the 2% blue resistors. For the life of me I cannot determine the color bands on the blue background. And most of the 2 %ers are in parallel with others making measurement impossible.
Tom