MC60 motor controller replacement

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What motor are you using?
A MC60 is a SCR bridge controller, not quite as good control as the PWM MC2100, but these are made for 100+v DC motors.
There is also DC motor controllers by KB controls that are popular.
What is wrong with the MC-60?
Max..

zetuskid

Joined Nov 22, 2016
What motor are you using?
A MC60 is a SCR bridge controller, not quite as good control as the PWM MC2100, but these are made for 100+v DC motors.
There is also DC motor controllers by KB controls that are popular.
What is wrong with the MC-60?
Max..
To tell the truth Max, with my current MC60 on the potentiometer I had to solder the three wires going from the MC60 to the actual potentiometer. I can guarantee my soldering skills are not great(74 yrs. old with shaky hands). In some of my previous attempts failed because of my shotty work. I was just trying to avoid the obvious. I also have a dc motor on my wood lathe with a potentiometer and want to put on a forward/reverse(DPDT)switch. I could sure use a schematic or drawing where I would put it. I am not good with electronics but I can follow pictures & schematics pretty good.
All I know without looking at it, the motor is 2hp with 18 amps.
Thank you for responding.
zetuskid

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So do you have the POT wired up? and is the MC60 working?
If you want to add a DPDT switch, here is one version, ignore the limit SW if not needed.
The SW needs to have a centre off position, also do not go from either FWD and REV without waiting for the motor to coast to a stop.
IOW, reverse only when motor has stopped.
Max.

Attachments

zetuskid

Joined Nov 22, 2016
So do you have the POT wired up? and is the MC60 working?
If you want to add a DPDT switch, here is one version, ignore the limit SW if not needed.
The SW needs to have a centre off position, also do not go from either FWD and REV without waiting for the motor to coast to a stop.
IOW, reverse only when motor has stopped.
Max.
Max, I do believe you have solved my problem. Thank you so much! I just needed a little nudge and show where the right wires went where.
Thanks again for responding!
zetuskid