MC5100 Treadmill Control Board

vikinginging

Joined Sep 3, 2021
Hi, new to the form here.

Is anyone familiar with the MC5100 control board? Hoping to use with a PWM generator to control a motor for a lathe. Would it have the same PWM frequency as the MC2100 board (50ms/20hz)?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to be a updated version of the other MC2100 versions, there are a few.
It has the same HD2 socket but 12pin instead of 8., so I am thinking the PWM signal might be the same.

vikinginging

Joined Sep 3, 2021
Screen grabbed this from a youtube video of the same board being replaced. Only the first 8 pins of the socket are used, and have the same colors (which i know could mean nothing) as the MC2100 diagram indicates. Going to order the parts for a PWM generator and will report back.

1630698353201.png

vikinginging

Joined Sep 3, 2021
Appears to be a updated version of the other MC2100 versions, there are a few.
It has the same HD2 socket but 12pin instead of 8., so I am thinking the PWM signal might be the same.
Ok, I can confirm for anyone else that comes across the mc5100 board the pin outs are similar to the mc2100

Pin 1: ground
Pin 2: 12v dc
Pin 4: PWM
Pin 8: ground

I have it running with a cheap xy-kpwm from Amazon, and a 50w50ohm breaking resistor. I'm using the same 20hz PWM frequency which seams ok.

Hi Max and Viking - long shot here but I have a Freemotion treadmill with a ghost of a motor control board and cannot get it running with a PWM. Icon MC5150HCL, can't find anything on the web but a single picture. Seeing as Viking has a MC5100 I thought it might be close. This input socket has 8 pins but only 7 wires, pin 1&2 (BLK&RED) being the only two that match the MC2100 pinout. Have tried every combo of PMW output connections and at a variety of frequencies and duty cycles.

My wife would like this very expensive and heavy anchor working again. Maybe its worth parting out.

Any thoughts? Maybe the resistor Viking mentions - how is that wired? Thank You!