MC2100LTS-30 circuit diagram needed

Robert McQueen

Joined Oct 8, 2019
I have recently acquired a treadmill for free.
Original fault: Plug into 110V Non-GFCI 20Amp circuit, ON/OFF CB Switch to ON; belt goes to max for ~1sec then power resets and repeats.

Steps taken:
1. Unplug from wall outlet, open motor cover, check all terminals and headers, verified that they are seated correctly. Removed motor connections from control board, removed motor, pulled & cleaned brushes, visually inspected commutator. Reinstalled brushes, reinstalled motor and motor connections to control board. Reinstalled cover, plugged into wall outlet.

2. Power on, Console boots successfully, belt does not spin-up on boot. All buttons work on console, incline motor functions properly. Belt motor fails to spin while speed is set and distance indication increases. Turned off power switch, unplugged from outlet removed motor cover, removed motor dc connections from control board. Plugged in to wall outlet, set power ON, set speed to max on console, connect multi-meter to control board A+ & A- obtained reading of 0.0vdc. Shut down treadmill, unplugged from wall outlet.

3. Removed all control board electrical connectors, removed control board, removed control board from heat-sink tray, discharged C7. Started measuring resistance from DB1 and worked my way to the motor, I got an open circuit indication when I measured across R21.

I have called Icon and asked about a circuit diagram, they directed me to the block diagram included with the treadmill, I made it clear that I needed to get the resistance values. I don't recommend calling Icon/Nordictrack if you need technical answers.
IMG_8931.jpg R21.jpg R22.jpgIMG_8930.jpg

I replaced R21, I thought I read the R21 bands as Green, Brown, Brown, Gold, and I was wrong. R21 smoked when I set a spped and pressed start, and R22 is now cooked and unreadable too. A high res photo of a correct model circuit board would be helpful if there are no circuit diagrams.

I have studied the reverse engineered MC2100 diagram that I found on this site, but I doubt it's accuracy for my specific model.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You can check the motor with a 12v automotive battery.
I am more familiar with the one shown in the schematic, this version has a status LED that indicates certain condition.
If yours does, what does it show?
Max.

do you still have the board by any chance? I am trying to identify this power ic which last its marking in an explosion. my board MC2100LTS-30 version

Much appreciated

image0 (1).jpeg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I think I already answered that in a previous post, I will see if I can find it.
Otherwise I can dig a board out and get it.
Max.

Carquicha

Joined Aug 4, 2020
[QUOTE = "itrochi, publicación: 1544577, miembro: 724893"]
Tengo este tablero, vea la imagen adjunta
[/CITAR]
Yes, it is a STR G5551

itrochi

Joined Aug 26, 2020
I got this NordickTrack Tread Mill, the issue is that when i push Start button, treadmill starts suddenly to full speed and stops.
After reviewing the board, no apparent damages to any components, has anyone had the same problem ?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So you have a MC2100 board?
If the Mosfet is shorted, it will ramp up to full speed and then a fault will be detected.
Also, has the speed sensor moved or moved off target?
Max.

itrochi

Joined Aug 26, 2020
Hello Max, yes i have the MC2100LTS-30 board.
And you are completely right, im already tested the IRFP250M and is shorted.

Thanks a lot. i will replace it and test again.

Isaac

slackguy

Joined Feb 11, 2016
you may have to pay to take it to the dump. who gave this to you for free might owe you a favor :) is it a nice commercial model, you workin for the gym, or hombody model? you may get more excercise repairing it than you get using it - maybe.

the power transistor looks toasty and "sombody has been there" (screw is not clean, it's deformed). i see a leaky capacitor just infront of it. power transistors have markings for replacement on them, but...

but if that capacitor is leaky from power went the wrong way through the circuit and the power transistor exploded and also made the capacitor bulge (wild theory btw). when you see someone who's "been there" and already deformed the phillips head screw - that's a sign more than natural damage may have taken place on that board

that's also a "bad place" to be learning power supply repair - apparently the power supply and control electronics are all on one board (not a great design as far as your concerned - you'd rather just plug a new power supply in - since their custom board might be a mystery). you might try finding someone willing to sell "just the electronics" out of a used unit

other than a blasted power transistor, you showed two removed resistors from what doesn't appear to be the power supply (one which looks like it might not work anymore)

... i'm pessimistic but wish you the best

slackguy

Joined Feb 11, 2016
(you see my wild theory is someone went in there with a screw driver, it contacted, and shorted the circuit in a manner that is no teasily repaired)

slackguy

Joined Feb 11, 2016
I'm seeing only partial photos. If you have multiple boards it would be nice if you could have someone else try them in a same model norditrac. Just because you see the panels light up and show you something doesn't mean there isn't a problem hiding. You have a power supply, a power control board (turn tread on/off), and a computer board (for displays and inputs). Are they all on one board or three boards? My worry is you fix the power supply and find out the digital logic board "mostly works but doesn't accept input" (or blocks some output) and needs a new chip. see what i mean?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013

Isaac
Good luck, I made up some controller boards for these models that allows the use of the MC2100 as a general stand alone DC motor controller, many use these for shop control usage applications.
The signal in requires a 20hz PWM signal to run them.
Max.

itrochi

Joined Aug 26, 2020

Isaac
Hello Max i just recently change the IRFP250M and S4025I and and guessing that the fault is coming from the motor.
Motor is 2.75 HP, when i tested with 132 Pounds person everything goes good but i increase the charge with an 231 Puounds the IRFP250M shorted again :(

Well hello to you all, and greetings from a Very warm Texas.
I also have a PCB from an Icon Treadmill. ( Board Ref: MC2100LT-12 ) and it appears that component D1 has blown.
I do not see a listing for D1 on the reverse-engineered schematic unfortunately.

Does have anyone have the info of the part reference please ? If I had to make an educated guess, I would err towards D1 being a BAT54SLT1G, however I would love confirmation if possible.
Many thanks in advance.

Eddie 20220720_124112.jpg