MC2100 treadmill motor control circuit

narpam2

Joined Dec 28, 2016
I think if it's IGBT, the reference is APT30GT60BR.
The photo above is the MC2100ELS and does not match my model which is the MC2100E. In my model, the resistors R45 and R46 are next to the IGBT. I'll try to put a photo.

narpam2

Joined Dec 28, 2016
As seen in the photos the 200 ohm is the R35. The R45 is the one that is right next to the R46. I got some pictures of my plate model but I can not see the reference of R45 and R46.

Examining my MC2100E, I find U1, an optocoupler, has a blown diode. I used a DMM, on the diode test scale, so I hope that was correct. U2 showed continuity between 1 & 2, where U1 did not. reversal was nothing for both. I guess that might not be the only fault, as there are clear liquid stains on the board. I can't get an F817, but a 50mA/3.7KV unit is available locally at Farnell [Element 14]. A Toshiba TLP290. It has a 50% transfer ratio. Would explain why display works normally but motor doesn't drive. Be very good if I can get treadmill working, seeing it was free. I will check the limiting resistor to make sure the replacement is safe. NB A steel mounting tab for the heatsink plate was bent up near the 3rd rectifier terminal. There's no evidence of shorting, but I bent it down to be sure. Tks all for the blog.

narpam2

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Examining my MC2100E, I find U1, an optocoupler, has a blown diode. I used a DMM, on the diode test scale, so I hope that was correct. U2 showed continuity between 1 & 2, where U1 did not. reversal was nothing for both. I guess that might not be the only fault, as there are clear liquid stains on the board. I can't get an F817, but a 50mA/3.7KV unit is available locally at Farnell [Element 14]. A Toshiba TLP290. It has a 50% transfer ratio. Would explain why display works normally but motor doesn't drive. Be very good if I can get treadmill working, seeing it was free. I will check the limiting resistor to make sure the replacement is safe. NB A steel mounting tab for the heatsink plate was bent up near the 3rd rectifier terminal. There's no evidence of shorting, but I bent it down to be sure. Tks all for the blog.
Hi, Ross. If the motor does not work, check the IGBT and the power diode just to the left. You could tell me the numbering of resistors R45 and R46.

narpam2

Joined Dec 28, 2016
Hi, Ross. If the motor does not work, check the IGBT and the power diode just to the left. You could tell me the numbering of resistors R45 and R46.

Lacostas13

Joined Feb 22, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have a MC2100E REV C pcb with the Q5 (fet or transistor) blown, so I cannot see the code to replace it. Is anyone kind enough to post a photo of his board or just tell me its code ?

Hello. I have the MC1200 board on the treadmill. Initially, at the start of the start, it was very difficult to untwist the engine and stop (and so in a circle - it spins stops). I decided to test the circuits P24, P26. The resistors are whole, capacitors too. Then the processor burned (short on the power supply - 10 Ohm). Is it possible to find a stitched processor?

I'm sorry, I have MC2100. I correctly understood that the speed feedback is taken from the account of the engine? What are diagrams of voltage must be at R23, R25? Not the first time the tracks with such a board burn, can they put protective diodes on the processor input?

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
I'm sorry, I have MC2100. I correctly understood that the speed feedback is taken from the account of the engine? What are diagrams of voltage must be at R23, R25? Not the first time the tracks with such a board burn, can they put protective diodes on the processor input?
Hi There, In most Icon units there is a feedback reed switch on the front roller that watches rotational speeds and feeds this back to the upper console to match speed settings selected. The parts that are burnt on the pics shown are in the FET Drive circuits and signals at R24 feeding the predriver would be 15v or less at maybe 20khz or so. The feedback connector is a two-pin cable, this signal will go into the PIC chip(programmed processor) and come out then thru an opto and up to the console. Feedback signals to the processor will be 0-5v. Signals to/from the console are also TTL levels. Good Luck!

Those. My assumption about the fact that the speed feedback is removed directly from the brushes - is wrong? I thought that PIC was watching the reverse EMF motor.

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Those. My assumption about the fact that the speed feedback is removed directly from the brushes - is wrong? I thought that PIC was watching the reverse EMF motor.
Speed feedback is picked up with external sensors, but from brushes. The PIC chip is the main lower board processor, receives speed commands from the upper board, send speed feedback to the upper board, supplies switching timing and duty-cycle commands to the main switching FET, monitors Vcc for logic. The picture shows a small predriver chip used to interface the PIC to the main switch. If the 100-ohm resistor opens between the predriver and the PIC you can assume the PIC has taken a hit as well.
Input speed command from the console is at a different "control frequency" than the FET switching, this conversion also takes place in the PIC.

Poor old sod

Joined Jul 25, 2017
MC2100E Rev C:
replaced opto couplers months ago, just reassembled it last night. flipped the switch and BANG/FLASH at the AC Neutral tag. a short. I had the white wire on it, which goes to the filter's Right terminal, looking at it with the filter down. Mine has a W label at the terminal. A blue-white wire connects to the other side. the AC HOT wire comes from where pls?

Think I've fried the 240V/120V10A RF Filter. Hopefully something local can be found. OEM would be $$$ to get. New controllers are hopelessly overpriced. My RCD didn't trip.

Edit #1
F4381 or F4381A--can't tell which I need, no cheap stock $US60, but one place has an ~A @ $US220? Wait for stock: around 18 weeks/Apr 2018.

Edit #2
testing with DMM shows end to end resistances of abt 6 Ohms and abt 14 Ohms, with test between terminals at both ends give ~160KOhms.--which sounds wrong for a Power Filter Pls confirm if it's blown, and if theres a fuse between the filter and the power lead? tell me where to look pls.

Edit #3
thermal switch is between the 2 blue wires, and reads as 60 Ohms. Good thing I already have another one mounted on the motor casing with silastic and thermal paste.. Also fuse is 88 Ohms

Edit #4
fuse is 250mA, so 88 Ohms is reasonable. Found I had connectors all over the place, sorted them correctly, have to reconnect an Earth to a terminal & I can try again.

Dead-no lights. Anyone have a good, used spare?

Last edited: