MC2100 treadmill motor control circuit

gpen

Joined Dec 30, 2023
What is the voltage of your PWM signal and do you have the series resistor in circuit for the Opto input?
PWM coming out at 5 volt, I thought but no I'm not sure. I have tried with and without the resistor getting the same results from 220 ohm to 1k. The voltage on the other side of the resitor drops to 1.3V. I will redo my circuit from scratch because I'm starting to think there is a power supply problem on the Arduino side. I'll recheck the voltages. If I don't plug in ground, the arduino gets enough ground through the pwm pin to run. I may have a fault in the wire going down. And lastly, I'm tired, my wife is tired of my mess, I've just commited to throwing it all out. Free treadmill in Steinbach!

Thanks. Sorry. I shouldn't have bothered anybody.

gpen

Joined Dec 30, 2023
I'm 70Km north of you!
I figured you were in Manitoba. I'm dealing with health issues and need to clean up messes. Disappointing when I thought I was almost there. If you want parts, I can deliver what I can carry up. I will need to disassemble to carry up.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Hi Max, I have my treadmill with a damaged controller (STR G5551). Is there something similar that can serve as a substitute?
It is a custom programmed IC, you would need to have the program details or at least do some reverse-engineering!

foular

Joined Mar 24, 2024
Hello, I hope everyone is well
I have an MC2100 E REV 2003 Controlor
Since the IC indicator with symbol U5 on the board is charred and I want to replace it
So I want you to help me to get reference of this IC2580.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't have one here to get the part no, but it could be the Mosfet driver which is usually a MIC4427 or equ. if R29 & R32 are 100Ω and connected to U5 and the Mosfet gate, it probably is.
Otherwise do a little reverse engineering of where U5 is routed to.