MC 60 REV.F proform treadmill controler help

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
DSCF8433.JPG i bought a treadmill motor and controler for a project i'm working on,but the post office used it as a football, so now i need to replace some board components. the promlem is the C4 capacitor is completly gone. can any one tell me what to replace it with?

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
i though the d4 thing was just an oversite. as far as r9, all of the mc60 boards i can find use 5w5k6j. i found one on ebay that has an identical layout as mine and that is what was used also. can you offer any help on finding the c4 capacitor? i just tried to look up the specs for a replacement but my keyboard dose not have that funky u symble, i get an u,p, or mf designation.

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
i went to mouser electric and tried to find a capacitor using .01 uf @1kv disc ceramic. i do not know much about boards so i used the filter options on that site. i narrowed down the search using the above info i have and got to the point of tolerance,dielectric,termination,and lead spacing. know nothing about the first three, so i measured the spacing on the board and got 10mm, which ended with two options,10% tol with y5p dielectric, or 20% tol with z5u dielectric. again this is all jiberish,am i on the right path?

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
i am not finding a capacitor on that site with .01μf? if the numbers .01μf@1kv disc capacitor does not get me the part i need, then i can not go any farther. my intention is/was to find some one that has one of these mc60 cotrollers and get the numbers off of it. if i have to know what the numbers mean, i am done with it. i just wanted to get replacements and solder them in and use it, not so much teach myself. i mean no offense to you Max, i do appriciate your help. there is just too much to know for my knowledge level, it all seamed simple enough, buy the replacement, fix the board,then use it

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
thank you Max, that helps a lot! for a guy just wanting to fix something, this technical stuff is maddening.

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
now onto the r9, the 5w 5.6kj is just numbers with no meaning. tried looking for one on digikey,but none of them look right.

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
and the last component i need is the r14 resister. looks to me to be yellow/blue/brown/gold and measures about 3.2mm x 10.3mm. as i understand it, the size of the resistor indicates the wattage.

kifft

Joined Mar 10, 2017
i should be able to find one of those. on the r14, i used digikey's color code calculater and it came up as 460ohm 5%-explains why i could not find one!