MAZE solving robot

shankbond

Joined Nov 4, 2007
well as i dont have a clear vision about your project yet i will try to give some idea:

you robot should have two sensors one at right and one at left this will keep your robot between two walls ,secondly it could parse whole of the maze based on binary search tree algorithm(first it will go on right side until a node;place where the track divides itself into two parts come, if this path ends in a dead end ,then retrace back upto the recent most node then follow its left side)

alternatively , u can also choose any other algorithm of your choice

you need to have a large memory as u will have to put data into your robot regarding ,the path your robot has choosed

i hope that will give u some help

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Another possibility is to program the robot to take every right turn. It's inefficient, but it always gets you through a maze. Taking every left turn works as well. When it gets to a dead end, it reverses and keeps taking the next turn.

shankbond

Joined Nov 4, 2007
Another possibility is to program the robot to take every right turn. It's inefficient, but it always gets you through a maze. Taking every left turn works as well. When it gets to a dead end, it reverses and keeps taking the next turn.
i know a very stupid quirk in both your as well as my suggestion:(:D

do you have sensor ckt...am using TSOP1738 sensor ....is it beter ....do u have maze solving flood fill algoritm.....and motor drivivng circuit ...