may i know what is the name of this cable and it function ?


Joined Oct 2, 2009
It is an adapter cable to adapt an RJ11 jack to a DE-9 connector.
It was most likely used in a specialized situation between two devices, perhaps between a modem and a telephone service jack.

If you have no use for it, cut off the connectors and repurpose the cable for something else.


Joined Jul 18, 2013
Agree. the 2,3,5 are the RS32 data TX,RX & GND, the hands shake connections are absent, in some cases they can be jumpered out each end and software HS can be utilized, if needed.