Maximum Power Transfer Ideal Transformer

KrisU

Joined Dec 2, 2017
2017-12-02 (2).png

From what I understand on ideal transformers, I tried reflecting the right side onto the left and then tried to use Thevenin's theorem to find voltage of the open circuit and current of the short circuit at the load terminal. The answer for Zl is supposed to be 8-6j and the maximum power is supposed to be 25W and I got something else for both.
I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong though, any help is appreciated.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How can we help you find what you did wrong unless you show us what you did?

We do NOT have crystal balls -- if you did something wrong we need to see the work you did in order to have much hope of seeing what it is and where you did it. "I got something else for both," is hardly much to work with.

KrisU

Joined Dec 2, 2017
How can we help you find what you did wrong unless you show us what you did?

We do NOT have crystal balls -- if you did something wrong we need to see the work you did in order to have much hope of seeing what it is and where you did it. "I got something else for both," is hardly much to work with.
Well, I guess part of the problem is I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong, I used the equation Z1=Z2/n^2 to convert the impedances in the secondary and I got:
-j8 for the capacitor and 4ohms for the resistor, after that I used KVL to try and find Voc and I got Voc=10+j10 after that I used KVL again to try and find Isc and ended up getting an answer of 280+j30, when I divided Voc by Isc to get Zl, the answer didn't match the solution. So I'm not sure exactly where I erred in calculating.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
We can't help you find exactly where you erred until you show us exactly what you did!

SHOW....YOUR....WORK!!!!

Scan (or take a picture of) your work!