Master thesis on Microelectronics and Embedded Systems

AmiguelS

Joined Jun 25, 2014
Hello!
Next semester I'll start working on my master degree thesis, but I have absolutely no idea on what topic/project to choose...
I study Electrical and Computers Engineering, and I'm specializing in Microelectronics and Embedded Systems.
My strongest area is microcontrollers (strongest with PIC's, Arduinos as well but I don't really like them. I'm learning to use the Beaglebone right now), followed by "higher level" programming (Java, mostly for Android). I'm also quite good in electronics.
I would love to work on something related to UAV's, as quadcopters are a passion of mine. However, Control is really not my strong point so, maybe something using a quad, instead of the quad itself would be a good idea.

I would really appreciate if you could throw some ideas around, because I don't really know what to work on...

Thanks in advance!

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I thought microelectronics and embedded systems was for control. I'm a little puzzled.

There is a world to choose from.

Electric motor wheels might have a future.

AmiguelS

Joined Jun 25, 2014
I thought microelectronics and embedded systems was for control. I'm a little puzzled.

There is a world to choose from.

Electric motor wheels might have a future.
Maybe I didnt explain myself well. They are for control as a funtion, I'm just not good with Control Theory as in Modelling Systems, PID's etc...

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
The IOT is all the rage these days. Use your beagle bone to connect something to the internet for remote monitoring and control.