Master potentiometer controller for 2 other PWM motors

Blue_Hawaii

Joined Aug 23, 2019
Newbe here. Don't know jack about electronics, but I have a deep desire to learn about them.

Working on a project that has two 12v dc vibrator motors, each independently controlled with PWM controller to create a Interference pulsator modulation between the two vibrators, similar to a Nobra Twincharger.

I would like to add a master control potentiometer to control the two PWM controllers so that once I get the proper frequency interference of each motor, I can then use the master pot to increase or decrease the amplitude of both units. Clear? Probably not. Here's a diagram:

Attachments

Blue_Hawaii

Joined Aug 23, 2019
MaxHeadRoom - Thank you for the answer, but again, newbe here. I don't know. Can I? Would I install that before the PWM controllers or on their output to the motors? Across both of the PWM potiometers? This is why I came to this forum. So I can get help from experienced people.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you have two PWM controllers controlled from two separate pots, you can get dual/ganged pots that share the same shaft, if this is what you are looking for?
Max.

Blue_Hawaii

Joined Aug 23, 2019
Ok, I think I understand. Would that still allow each separate motor to still then be controlled independently? Would there be 3 pots total?

iimagine

Joined Dec 20, 2010
You cannot increase the amplitude of the PWN signal, its stated at 0-5V, 36mA max
You can how ever, add additional circuitry to achieve this