making a motor go forward and reverse

Himanshu Singh

Joined May 8, 2016
Hey, Do I connect everything in the same way (negative to negative and positive to positive) except the part where there's a switch (The part where you make the motor go reverse or forward by making it the same charge or opposites. Down there is a schematic of it (not really one but i was in a hurry when i was making it.) Btw this is for a school project. Here's a picture, you can check it out.

Attachments

Himanshu Singh

Joined May 8, 2016
Thank you.
Hey, Do I connect everything in the same way (negative to negative and positive to positive) except the part where there's a switch (The part where you make the motor go reverse or forward by making it the same charge or opposites. Down there is a schematic of it (not really one but i was in a hurry when i was making it.) Btw this is for a school project. Here's a picture, you can check it out.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Wiring is OK, Just except the DPDT switch is supposed to be represented by switching in the same motion direction , although electrically correct you have the common terminals moving in either direction.
Max.

Himanshu Singh

Joined May 8, 2016
what if the first motor does not turn on but when i change the direction of the thing it turns on is that okay for example if i do + and + for the direction it will turn on and if i do - and - it will turn on as well but if i do - and + it doesn't turn on. This is a better example if i take one switch and change it to positive and the change the other switch to positive a yellow light will turn on a tester and if i do negative and negative a green light will appear, and so will the light of the first part (the switch without the dpdt thing). but if i make it + and - no light will appear and nothing will work, do you know why?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
what if the first motor does not turn on but when i change the direction of the thing it turns on is that okay for example if i do + and + for the direction it will turn on and if i do - and - it will turn on as well but if i do - and + it doesn't turn on. This is a better example if i take one switch and change it to positive and the change the other switch to positive a yellow light will turn on a tester and if i do negative and negative a green light will appear, and so will the light of the first part (the switch without the dpdt thing). but if i make it + and - no light will appear and nothing will work, do you know why?
What do you want the circuit to do?