LTSpice - Mr. Bordodynov sym and lib files and folders

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Hello.
This thread is related to a conversation started in LTSpice Yahoo Groups with Mr. @Bordodynov . But obviously anyone can reply/comment/help.

Ok, so, for reference, I'm using Linux and LTSpice runs under wine. Obviously directory structure is different between Windows and Linux. Therefore I'll show here where Linux + Wine + LTSpice stores LTSpice folders.

LTSpice saves data in the following 2 paths:
Code:
/home/<myusername>/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/LTC/LTspiceXVII/
which corresponds to the Program Files\LTSpiceXVII in Windows.

Then, in Linux there is another folder that in fact is linked to it by another path. I mean, there are 2 different paths pointing to the same folder!
The following path points to what would correspond in Windows to "My Documents" folder:
Code:
/home/<myusername>/.wine/drive_c/users/myusername/My Documents/LTspiceXVII/
However, in my Linux, the following path also shows the same content, meaning, it is pointing to the same folder:
Code:
/home/<myusername>/LTspiceXVII/
So, making it short:
3 paths, 2 different folders:

Code:
/home/<myusername>/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/LTC/LTspiceXVII/
Code:
/home/<myusername>/.wine/drive_c/users/myusername/My Documents/LTspiceXVII/
Code:
/home/<myusername>/LTspiceXVII/
These 2 last paths points to the same folder (content).

Now, regarding Mr. @Bordodynov libraries and examples, when we extract the zip files, we end up with the following folders for lib.zip:
lib/
lib/cmp/
lib/sub/
lib/sym/

and for examples.zip
examples/
examples/Basso/
examples/Bordodynov/
examples/Robertugo/
examples/vdmos/

Now the question is:
Do we copy and overwrite these folder into those folder I mentioned above or we rename the new files so that the original ones are not lost?

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Ok, after copying again examples and lib folders to their destination, these are the paths I get:

However, if no directory is added with the .lib file for 7905 (at least), I get the same error:

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

How did you end up with "ZZZ" in the lib path???:

…..\lib\sym\ZZZ\VolReg

???

the relative path should be:

…..\lib\sym\VolReg

eT

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
You can put item symbol in different folders (this is allowed, but I try to avoid it). Most importantly, for my symbols, the Spice files of the libraries are located in the users / myusername / My Documents / LTspice / lib / sub folder. It is not necessary that my files are located in the Program Files / LTC / LTspiceXVII / folder. This is acceptable, but bad. When updating, LTspice scans the entire Program Files / LTC / LTspiceXVII / folder and the process is delayed due to the abundance of additional libraries. When updating, new files are first written to the Program Files / LTC / LTspiceXVII / folder, and then the files are overwritten in the users / myusername / My Documents / LTspice / folder.
If the same characters are in different folders, LTspice finds them in alphabetical order.
If the Spice files of the libraries are in the users / myusername / My Documents / LTspice / lib / sub folder, LTspice finds them regardless of where the element symbols are and do not need links to the library files (they are inside the element symbols). I tried to describe in detail how to install my collection, but to my great regret, users have problems.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
By the way, today I updated the library of bipolar transistors (there were losses when updating). I also removed the LT brand from stabilizer symbols. Indeed, it (the sign) is not appropriate.
2018-11-12_10-15-03.png

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Hello.
I' have downloaded again Mr. @Bordodynov libraries and examples but now I have new error messages!

upload_2018-11-12_19-59-21.png
upload_2018-11-12_19-59-37.png

After the 1st error, comes the 2nd one, the bottom one!

Edited;
upload_2018-11-12_20-0-53.png
upload_2018-11-12_20-1-9.png

This happens when I try to run the simulation. I have attached the .asc file I'm using!

Attachments

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Mr. @Bordodynov please re-upload the previous version of your libraries. At least they were working with just a single directive.
These ones are not working!
And a suggestion. Keep your previous 3 or 4 libraries versions after you perform some upgrade to them so that we can use them in case of anything going wrong like now!

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Thank you for your comment. I apologize. I did not expect such trouble in the most unexpected place. Now I fixed my library (I returned the previous version of the character elements).

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Thank you for your comment. I apologize. I did not expect such trouble in the most unexpected place. Now I fixed my library (I returned the previous version of the character elements).
Mr. @Bordodynov we are the ones that should thank you for your hard work with this collection of models, symbols, libraries, etc!

You can put item symbol in different folders (this is allowed, but I try to avoid it). Most importantly, for my symbols, the Spice files of the libraries are located in the users / myusername / My Documents / LTspice / lib / sub folder. It is not necessary that my files are located in the Program Files / LTC / LTspiceXVII / folder. This is acceptable, but bad. When updating, LTspice scans the entire Program Files / LTC / LTspiceXVII / folder and the process is delayed due to the abundance of additional libraries. When updating, new files are first written to the Program Files / LTC / LTspiceXVII / folder, and then the files are overwritten in the users / myusername / My Documents / LTspice / folder.
If the same characters are in different folders, LTspice finds them in alphabetical order.
If the Spice files of the libraries are in the users / myusername / My Documents / LTspice / lib / sub folder, LTspice finds them regardless of where the element symbols are and do not need links to the library files (they are inside the element symbols). I tried to describe in detail how to install my collection, but to my great regret, users have problems.
Hi
could you please direct me to your library? I am looking to use the LM7805