ltspice for mac(book) editing components.

Random3s

Joined Jul 30, 2014
Hi all,

Has anyone the slightest idea how to edit a component value in ltspice for mac. I read something about right click functionality on macbooks...

I read that in order to edit a component, you simply right click and amend it. But if I right click i get the tool menu, but no where to amend the current component....as we speak I am downloading wine, so that I can run win spice....which I hear is, better, or user friendlier than the mac version.

I am using the schematic viewer, I can open the netlist but when I make changes to the components there, it doesn't save!?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
(Macbooks already have 2-button trackpads. It is possible to set it to left click only.)

You need to have the cursor over the component you want to amend. This requires some precision. Then a right-click will pull up the details for that component. If you get only the name or value to edit, it means your cursor was over one of those text boxes instead of the component itself.

r1200gs

Joined Jun 30, 2015
To edit the component value you have to 'right click' the component. In apple->preferences->trackpad a 'right click' is called a 'secondary click' and on my MacBook Pro its set to be a two finger click. You pop up the LTSpice menu with 'control click' which is not the same as a 'right click'. Frustrating, I know. LTSpice is the only program I know that makes the distinction between the two clicks.

Veracohr

Joined Jan 3, 2011
In apple->preferences->trackpad a 'right click' is called a 'secondary click' and on my MacBook Pro its set to be a two finger click.
This.

I've found LTSPice on Mac to be a little irritating in a few ways compared to the Windows version. But ultimately unimportant ways.