LT Spice Error: don't know how to to generate the efficiency report

Yukta2007

Joined Sep 13, 2020
Hello. I have been trying to simulate this circuit to generate the efficiency report but I get the error" Don't know how to detect this circuit's steady-state" every time I run it. Working on 65nm technology CMOS and thus I have included the model card file too. Please help.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
So the idea is to use an opto-couple 4N25 to protect the micto controller, switching a IRF3205 Power MOSFET
Protect it from what?
If the opto has it's input and output grounds common, then a simple transistor can be used to drive the MOSFET and provide isolation.

Yukta2007

Joined Sep 13, 2020
Hello. I am getting the error "Don't know to detect this circuit's steady-state" while I am trying to generate the efficiency report. We read that sstol value should be changed but even after doing that, we are getting the same error. Could you please help?
We're working on 65nm CMOS technology and we have included the model card for that CMOS.

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Your pictures are flawed because they cutoff part of the frame. As near as I can tell you have no analysis command. Analysis commands belong to the set {.op, .dc, .ac, .tran, .noise, .tf }. If you wan help then you need to post complete information or the actual .asc files.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
as far as i got you haven't assigned your model to components (the MOSFETS)
(( you can only do this if your terminal node names match the ones in std. Spice MOSFET model definition http://ltwiki.org/LTspiceHelp/LTspiceHelp/M_MOSFET.htm as on figure D G S B -- PS! : i passed an error here the the mosfet model definition does not include node names .... so it won't matter unless you want to use the existing symbols with the 3-rd party models ))
Untitled-0.png
besides of that your Base (Substrate) is floating -- such will still cast errors but might be passed by the initial analysis if you assign the model name

if the model is not defined by std Spice MOSFET definition parameters --e.g.-- if it's a behavioural macro model the model type should be X
https://www.analog.com/en/technical...ntrinsic-symbol-for-a-third-party-model.html#

Last edited: