Low-power, high data rate transmitter IC design

Yash_vyza

Joined Mar 2, 2018
I would like to know what are the best possible transmitter/transceiver ICs available in the market for high data-rate >5 Mbps and should consume as low-power as possible.

If not is it is it possible to use multiple discrete transmitters (say each 2Mbps) to tx. at say 8 Mbps by using 4 ICs? I want this to reduce my power consumption and get high data-rates?

Also, is it possible to design a transmitter with discrete components to obtain high data-rates and low power?

loulou31

Joined Feb 23, 2018
Your question requires more informations.
Do you require a complete transceiver including LNA, power amplification, or only a chip providing modulation and demodulation?
What is the frequency, type modulation, power to be transmitted?

Jean-Louis

Yash_vyza

Joined Mar 2, 2018
@loulou31
Yes, I would need LNA and other components as well. But regarding the modulation type, I have no restrictions same is the case with frequency. I want to transmit image data of 600x480 pixels 8-bit data at say 20-30 fps. Distance in my case would be less than 1 meter.

So, what are the best possible solutions for my case?

@ebp
As for the transmission medium it shall be just air. It shall be a noise free environment.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I am pretty sure you can get 5 Mbps using fast LEDs and a fast photodiode detector and amplifier provided you don't have a lot of optical interference.

loulou31

Joined Feb 23, 2018
600x480 x 30fps *8bit *3(colour) =208Mbps
You can reduce to the data rate if you do some video compression....
What is the format of your video signal ?

Jean-Louis