Low distortion low power amplifier

DarkAvenger

Joined Jan 9, 2012
I'm looking at possibly replacing a LM386 circuit with a different chip with very low distortion and low power consumption. Circuit will be powered by a 9V battery. Any suggestions welcome!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
If you want any help, come clean, update ur profile. and stop posting similar threads.

and by the way, do you have any idea what THD actually is ?

DarkAvenger

Joined Jan 9, 2012
Is that a bit better? So I'm working on a project with a guitar pickup, it basically drives the strings instead of reading them. It's a bit of a new area for me, there are few devices that do something similar so I'm a bit on my own. Currently, a LM386 amplifier circuit is used to drive a coil instead of a speaker. The reason this chip was chosen was because of it's availability and simplicity, however, I'm looking for a different solution. I've been browsing through a lot of material and there are quite a few options and I was hoping someone might be able to direct me toward a solution.

DarkAvenger

Joined Jan 9, 2012
I grabbed a few free MAX9700D chips to play with. Seems like it should work as a replacement for LM386, with a change in voltage. Do you have any insight into this chip? I'm still open to ideas on alternative chips if anyone has any suggestions.

bristinehedus, what is your project with a guitar pickup? Maybe I can help a bit if needed?

I'm dropping my other thread and combining it here, I felt it was a separate issue and I'm considering dropping it all together anyway and going for a hack-together approach. Battery charging... how to do it? I guess if it can't be inexpensively done, reverting to a charge mode while off OR on and always drawing power from the batteries seems easily hackable.