lots of RFID tags to use, what should I use them for?

smooth_jamie

Joined Jan 4, 2017
Hi All,

I am a type 1 diabetic and I use a flash glucose monitor with an RFID sensor. The sensor expires after being used for 14 days, however I have noticed that even after they have expired they can still be read using using an RFID tag reader app on my phone. So far I have not been successful in writing / erasing the tag/sensor, but each one seems to have a unique reference which a micro-controller could read and perform some action.

I have over 30 of these sensors and I thought it would be interesting to make some sort of RFID based project. I thought I'd open the subject to the forum to see if anyone had any good suggestions for a project. So far all I've seen is security/door entry type projects but I was hoping others might have something a bit more interesting?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How big are the tags?
Perhaps conceal them in your valuable items so that you would have proof of ownership if the items were ever stolen?

smooth_jamie

Joined Jan 4, 2017
How big are the tags?
Perhaps conceal them in your valuable items so that you would have proof of ownership if the items were ever stolen?
Interesting idea.

30mm in diameter and about 8mm thick (see picture) but the pcb can be removed carefully which takes it down to 2mm or so without the battery.

Problem is i cant write any ownership data to them so if someone other than me scanned it they would only be able to read the serial number.

Attachments