Lost Mobile Phone?

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
Not really an electronics post, but I thought this may be of use to some on here...............
Do you keep misplacing your mob phone? Mine has a habit of slipping out of my pocket and ending up down the side of a chair somewhere, so i came up with the idea of setting the alarm for a couple of times during the day. That way, if it's lost, I just wait 'till the appropriate time and then retrieve it from it's hiding place!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Not really an electronics post, but I thought this may be of use to some on here...............
Do you keep misplacing your mob phone? Mine has a habit of slipping out of my pocket and ending up down the side of a chair somewhere, so i came up with the idea of setting the alarm for a couple of times during the day. That way, if it's lost, I just wait 'till the appropriate time and then retrieve it from it's hiding place!
I just stopped putting it in my side jacket pocket or pants pocket - that way it doesn't fall down the side of my car seat or between the cushions of chairs/sofas. Instead, I keep it in my shirt pocket - one problem solved. Unfortunately I have created a bit of a new problem. Now I need a way to keep it from falling in the toilet when I bend over to pull up my pants.

Roderick Young

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Assuming that's not an April Fool's joke, that could work, but since I so rarely misplace my phone, setting a periodic alarm would be a nuisance. If I need to find it, I simply call it from another phone.

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
Oh no April fools joke, unfortunately only have the one phone, and it usually happens when I'm over at a friends house! Ive got used to it's hiding places at my own home. Also, the short term memory is not what it was :(
Assuming that's not an April Fool's joke, that could work, but since I so rarely misplace my phone, setting a periodic alarm would be a nuisance. If I need to find it, I simply call it from another phone.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Any iPhone has a great "find my phone" feature. I can look on my laptop for its GPS position, which is usually not useful to me since I know it's in the house with me. But I can also direct it to sound an alarm on the phone, which will work even if the volume is down or if the "no ring" button is on.

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
Any iPhone has a great "find my phone" feature. I can look on my laptop for its GPS position, which is usually not useful to me since I know it's in the house with me. But I can also direct it to sound an alarm on the phone, which will work even if the volume is down or if the "no ring" button is on.
Strange as it may seem, I only want a phone to call or txt people, although the camera can be handy. But it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a "basic" phone.
I've got a laptop, and desktop pc. I've got a good sat nav that is fixed in the car, and as for photography, I have a Canon Eos 5D mk11, Eos 15D and a couple of L series lens's etc. Now I only use these individual things when I want them 'cos that's the way I like it.
My mob phone is a cheap Nokia and I get unlimited txt's and 2000 mins for £6.50 a month. If I should ever lose it completely, I can be back up and running for about £30.00.
I see my friends with their all singing and dancing phones with a thousand apps the probably never use, pay between 3 and 10 times a month what I pay, and have a heart attack if they drop it and break it. :)

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Up until 2 weeks ago I was using a basic flip phone for calls and texts. As I recently did a major upgrade to my truck sound system I wanted to get something with Bluetooth.

I found I could get a flip phone with BT for $15 or a windows phone for $30. I took the windows.

Yeah, it does lots more, but it seems I spend as much time using it as I do learning how to do something.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My phone prefers to stay in my pocket...even when I'm doing laundry.
They get really pist when you run them through a clothes washer!:eek:
It must have taken lessons from my wrist watch.:mad:
:D

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
My kids and my boss want an app that will tell me that I need to find my phone because they sent me a message. I never carry it unless I'm on business travel. PS: Call my land line kids.