has started a bounty program, up to $1500.00 dollars for the biggest

snake,and a $1000.00 for the most pounds of snake cut up. Not a one

man thing,just watched a video of one man being filmed bringing in a

big python, all the sudden the camera was dropped to go rescue the

guy getting on the wrong end of the snake battle. At least a two man

deal.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I was down in the Everglades a few years ago. There was a little parking spot where I pulled in. When I went to leave, lying there next to my car was an 8-10 foot python. Its head had obviously been run over by a car.

Sounds like an interesting project. Wish I could help, but since I can't, I wish you the best of luck!

Regards,
Matt

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I found my picture of me and a friend pigging out on barbque pig. Like the ocean

picture my big mouth was open,with food in my hand. I have to find time to post

more pictures. Every time I go to the edit place,I don't know what going to post,

so I back off.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I found my picture of me and a friend pigging out on barbque pig. Like the ocean

picture my big mouth was open,with food in my hand. I have to find time to post

more pictures. Every time I go to the edit place,I don't know what going to post,

so I back off.
If it's on your computer, why not just upload from there?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I'll hit Central FL, we find 16 footers all the time up here cause its a lil colder.
But honestly screw the competition, in asia python meat sells for $70USD a lb. We've thought about trying to start a biz exporting the meat but since most of the colonized areas are in state parks which you can't hunt in for profit, lots of red tape needs to be cut. This hunting party is a good start though because before they were making people get permits to get em. Finally I guess Rick Scott figured the 3 guys on python hunters couldn't handle the load of the millions of pythons and boa's in FL

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
They give us two company names that we can sell the meat and hides too.

Big bucks to be made if you know what you are doing,the Everglades is not

a place to let your guard down. More than snakes to think about.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Thats cool so their moving on the meat thing. Thats whats gonna irradicate them. Let people sell the meat to export to asia and 10 years we won't have any pythons left. Remember the gators, we almost made them extinct in 20 years. Luckily they bounced back in 20 years.

amanuensis

Joined Jan 11, 2013
Hey loosewire,

I'm researching hunters who may be participating in the FWC's Python Challenge. I'm a filmmaker and my production company and I want to profile a handful of hunters that will go out and hunt the pythons in the designated wilderness areas throughout the upcoming month.

The purpose of this is to give voice to the people who are engaging in an experimental program--to hear their stories, what hunting means to them, their thoughts on invasive exotics and their feelings toward the south Florida ecosystem. Basically tell the story of the Python hunt--the good and the bad-- on a personal level through the actual hunters' perspectives.

If this sounds interesting to you or you know anyone who will be participating, please let me know.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Thanks, Sparky ,these film maker come along and tell you things....when you

ask them to replace or pay for any damage..they say..I have a million dollar

Insurance policy....will you pay for what you damage...Oh' I got a million

dollar Insurance policy....been there done that...have produced small a

segment that went to cable and u- tube....still there.....Sparky Thanks.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Sparky, I'm official...I have signed up for the great snake hunt.

Sparky,the film maker did check out my famous picture.

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
What did the snakes do to deserve that? Eat too many rats and put the rat farmers out of business?

Here in Australia snakes are generally a protected species. It's hard to image snakes as a "pest species", they are slow breeding and they try very hard to stay away from humans.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
They are an invasive species, not native to North America. There are no predators other than humans that hunt them (the crocs are an even match), in the Everglades they are a apex predator, and can go places no other predator can.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
What did the snakes do to deserve that? Eat too many rats and put the rat farmers out of business?

Here in Australia snakes are generally a protected species. It's hard to image snakes as a "pest species", they are slow breeding and they try very hard to stay away from humans.
Invasive species is one of biggest threat to biological diversity. Living in Australia you should know a thing or two about invasive species and the trouble they cause. The python as Bill say do not belong in Everglades but in Africa and Asia. The balance in nature can be quite fragile. And a apex predator like the python will cause of trouble for the native species. It may even eradicate native species.

Well, Loosewire, I clearly wasn't aware of your celebrity status. Nor had I seen any famous photo of you. Though a quick check revealed a photo of a man diving in the Atlantic. Nice.

Does this segment you produced on youtube have anything to do with the hunt or are you just telling me that you've produced a video? I'm curious. Anyway, I don't know how your experience with million dollar insurance policies has anything to do with what I'm interested in, but, if you'd like to take this discussion off-line, then I would be very interested in talking with you. Though perhaps that goes against the nature of a semi-anonymous forum about circuits?

Regardless, best of luck with the hunt.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Well, Loosewire, I clearly wasn't aware of your celebrity status. Nor had I seen any famous photo of you. Though a quick check revealed a photo of a man diving in the Atlantic. Nice.

Does this segment you produced on youtube have anything to do with the hunt or are you just telling me that you've produced a video? I'm curious. Anyway, I don't know how your experience with million dollar insurance policies has anything to do with what I'm interested in, but, if you'd like to take this discussion off-line, then I would be very interested in talking with you. Though perhaps that goes against the nature of a semi-anonymous forum about circuits?

Regardless, best of luck with the hunt.
Loosewire has been shrouded in mystery for as long as I have been here, and even long before. Don't expect to get a straight answer from him ;):D

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
Regards,
Matt

Thanks, Matt. Maintaining mystery is a very important and seemingly undervalued quality. I can certainly appreciate the desire to cultivate and maintain a mystique--keeps people interested!

Though it does run counter to his implicit request in the original post for a "team" in the hunt, describing it as "at least a two man" endeavor. Thus, letting others in on his hunt. But perhaps he's the kind of guy/gal who can take the place of two. And his "we" is royal?

Anyway, you guys are fun. Thanks for the welcome.