Looking for through hole buck/boost ic

Thread Starter


Joined Mar 5, 2020
I have a fluctuating input voltage that ranges between about 3 volts to 7 volts. I want to create a buck-boost converter that will keep the output at 5 volts and can output around 1 amp. I have looked online but I only find surface mount ics and I can't test those on a breadboard. The texas instruments TPS63061 would be ideal but again it is surface mounted. I am looking for a similar chip that is through hole. Thanks for the help.


Joined Apr 11, 2010
There are SMD adapters which convert SMD chips to through hole. I suggest you investigate them for testing. Once testing, create a PCB for the production device.