Looking for suggestions for wireless link for PA speakers

AustinJim

Joined Oct 30, 2017
Hi all,
I put on car shows which can cover quite a large area. Having the PA in any one spot doesn't allow us to talk to everyone at the show so I'm looking for a way to wirelessly send the audio from the mixer to remote speakers. I've considered legal low power FM but I would also like to consider other frequencies or techniques. I've come to you because I'm not an engineer. I can plug things together (and actually did assemble a FM transmitter kit from Ramsey) but I'm not familiar with other alternatives.
Thanks for any suggesions!

AustinJim

Joined Oct 30, 2017
Hi all,
I put on car shows which can cover quite a large area. Having the PA in any one spot doesn't allow us to talk to everyone at the show so I'm looking for a way to wirelessly send the audio from the mixer to remote speakers. I've considered legal low power FM but I would also like to consider other frequencies or techniques. I've come to you because I'm not an engineer. I can plug things together (and actually did assemble a FM transmitter kit from Ramsey) but I'm not familiar with other alternatives.
Thanks for any suggesions!
I should mention that the remote speakers are amplified so the receivers only need to put out a line level signal.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I should mention that the remote speakers are amplified so the receivers only need to put out a line level signal.

Use two cell phones. Verizon offers a high quality audio option AT&T likely does too. Zero interference and high reliability. Just use a good Bluetooth headset on your phone.

Plug the second phone into the PA system but put it on mute so there is no feedback from that phone.