Looking For Schematic Components Learning Research

ArrowJ

Joined Oct 5, 2021
Greetings, I am not an engineer. I am learning simply for the benefits intrinsic to such a pursuit. I am wondering if there is a source of schematic components (perhaps in a flash card format) that could help me get some of these into !y head, and make it easier to understand what I am looking at. I saw a subscription database somewhere, but surely there is a free resource for this?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I don't see how a source of schematic components will help, without you first learning how those components work.
What exactly is your present knowledge of electricity and electronics?

ArrowJ

Joined Oct 5, 2021
Beginner to be sure. However, I watch and read much including a course on Udemy. I just thought it might help to know what I am looking at and learning about. So far I have a cursury understanding of electricity (AC/DC, resistance, ohms law, LEDs, transformers, convention current vs electron current, transistors, and a few other things, but not a complete understanding of said subjects. I can just barely understand what Great Scott is getting at, but his schematics have components I do not recognize. I will defer to your judgement on the matter.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Unfortunately, Schematic-Symbols are not necessarily "Standardized".
But if You will simply do a Search for "Schematic-Symbols",
and then select "pictures",
you will get plenty of examples.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am wondering if there is a source of schematic components
What types of components?

When I first started in electronics, I read manufacturers' databooks for IC's to get familiar with what was available and made mental notes about interesting components so I had something to draw from when I was designing circuits.

Didn't do that for transistors and diodes because there were just too many.