looking for resistors

lokeycmos

Joined Apr 3, 2009
i normally get my electronic parts at digikey. they dont have what im looking for this time. looking for a 1kohm 100 watt non-inductive resistor in the "ceramic wirewound" "style"(like in the picture). anyone know of a vendor that is reasonably priced?

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
How are you going to get a non-inductive wire-wound resistor unless it is specially wound? Hams make their own non-inductive dummy loads by combining a whole bunch of carbon resistors in a paint can filled with oil.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Nichrome wire is commercially available. You can buy it off eBay.

If you want I'll check the price from Tanners and get back with you. I'm pretty sure they have the resistor you describe.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
How are you going to get a non-inductive wire-wound resistor unless it is specially wound? Hams make their own non-inductive dummy loads by combining a whole bunch of carbon resistors in a paint can filled with oil.
Actually non-inductive wire-wound resistors are quite common. You start by bending the wire in half then spiral that on.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Actually non-inductive wire-wound resistors are quite common. You start by bending the wire in half then spiral that on.
That is why I added "specially wound".

Last edited: