Looking for recommendations on where to go for my project

justininmilwaukee

Joined Apr 13, 2012
I have a small electronics project that I drafted on EasyEda attached. I am a novice so, I need to have the project reviewed, components changed to surface mount, Couple of the pcbs manufactured.

Wondering if there are any recommendations on where to go? I have searched and sent out a number of emails to a few various places online, currently waiting for responses. I tried Fiverr for some freelancer engineers to review and then just send to a pcb manufacturer? It would be nice to have a place that does it all reasonably. One stop shop.

Thanks anyone

Attachments

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
If you want to hand over your schematic to somebody, and have finished boards returned to you, expect to pay a fortune and to have many discussions about what you actually want. You'll pay a lot for engineering services to draft a board and more to have the board fabricated and assembled.

If you want to end up with assembled boards in your hand affordablely, you have a good start. Use components in JLC's assembly library (meaning they are part of the assembly program), which will also provide the correct PCB footprints for those components, then use EasyEDA to lay out a printed circuit board.

Once you have a board laid out, then submit it to JLC's assembly service, where ten copies of the board will be built and sent to you for little more than the cost of fabricating the circuit boards plus the cost of the components used.

What? You don't want 10 copies of your board? Most of the cost of assembling boards is the setup. That's not going to change for 1 or 10 boards. You can have a few boards hand-assembled, but that increases labor costs.

justininmilwaukee

Joined Apr 13, 2012
If you want to hand over your schematic to somebody, and have finished boards returned to you, expect to pay a fortune and to have many discussions about what you actually want. You'll pay a lot for engineering services to draft a board and more to have the board fabricated and assembled.

If you want to end up with assembled boards in your hand affordablely, you have a good start. Use components in JLC's assembly library (meaning they are part of the assembly program), which will also provide the correct PCB footprints for those components, then use EasyEDA to lay out a printed circuit board.

Once you have a board laid out, then submit it to JLC's assembly service, where ten copies of the board will be built and sent to you for little more than the cost of fabricating the circuit boards plus the cost of the components used.

What? You don't want 10 copies of your board? Most of the cost of assembling boards is the setup. That's not going to change for 1 or 10 boards. You can have a few boards hand-assembled, but that increases labor costs.

Thank you so much for your input

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
I have had a number of boards assembled by JLC with great results.

There are some tricks to know to make the process easier and to help ensure good results. If you decide to go this route, I'll be happy to provide some pointers.

If you haven't laid out many circuit boards, I suggest watching some videos about doing so before you get started. EEVBlog on YouTube has a few good videos on laying out boards. Your circuit isn't too complex so it will be a good project to start with. I really enjoy laying out boards – it's kind of like doing a jigsaw puzzle and the finished board is a piece of art.

If size isn't a big constraint, you might consider making the board a through-hole design, and assemble it yourself. You'll need a lot of room for all the connections anyway. To have 10 copies of a board up to 100mm × 100mm is only $5, and you only have to populate as many as you need.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I would put a diode across the coil of K1!

Not important. I would measure the Drain current of Q1,2 not the Source current. I worry about Gate-Source-to Ground loop, should be small.

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Instead of an Arduino, just put the equivalent Atmel micro and crystal in there. Or keep the Arduino pads there for convenient prototyping but add the option for a chip and support components. You'll probably need a couple of iterations to get it right.

If this is for an EV project, maybe there's someone in the local DIY EV community who could help you out. Buy them pizza and beer and they might give you enough guidance to do it yourself. If you go through a company, the cost will reflect their rent and support staff and dental plan etc and start to add up to real money. Maybe you can find a local guy fixing cellphones who was an electronics engineer back in his home country and can do it cheaper.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
While the drawing attached to post #1 may be correct it is rather hard to follow to understand the operation of the system. And a line-by line PCB layout check will be quite tedious indeed.
If you do not already have PCBs made, I suggest building one copy of the design and also the associated system, and verifying the functionality as being what is specified. Quite a few organizations do exactly that, while those with greater resources run the design through simulation programs. If youdo not have any PCB made then the whole package could be built up using wire-wrap methods and each portion more easily evaluated. If you have the wire-wrap done by others, beware: The last project of similar complexity that I had wire-wrapped by a contract house cost over $1000 about 20 years ago. So that is not cheap either.
The system shown in the drawing is a bit complex, although many are far more complex that this one. And it seem that if this would be for an actual product, that it really does need to be functionally verified befor considering production. Do you have the control program working yet?

To_Mars

Joined Feb 10, 2022
I have a small electronics project that I drafted on EasyEda attached. I am a novice so, I need to have the project reviewed, components changed to surface mount, Couple of the pcbs manufactured.

Wondering if there are any recommendations on where to go? I have searched and sent out a number of emails to a few various places online, currently waiting for responses. I tried Fiverr for some freelancer engineers to review and then just send to a pcb manufacturer? It would be nice to have a place that does it all reasonably. One stop shop.

Thanks anyone
Hi, There

Please clarify your final target, you just want to get several boards sample or you want to sell your product to the market?

I'm from a company named YMH that is located in ShenZhen, China. We are a worldwide full-service supply chain partner that can bring your design to go smoothly through engineering phase, prototyping phase,NPI phase and mass production phase.

Leveraging strong local manufacturing resources, combined with our years of reliable workflow and preventive approach, we can bring your designed product to the market quickly with Stable quality, lower engineering costs and shorter time to market.

If you need our service, please contact me via lovelongteng@gmail.com
We can talk more details there.:)