Looking for Mini/Micro Off the shelf Audio/Amp Circuit

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello
I would like your help. I am looking for a mini/micro sized audio playback circuit with a amplifier built in. I would like to use it in my R.C boat projects. I would like it do be able to:
1. Have an audio file on my computer and plug the circuit into the computer, directly or via cable to load file into circuit.
2. Able to activate with an external switch, mechanical or electronic to activate the playback of the audio, either one time or a loop playback.
3. Circuit to be powered from main battery through voltage reduction if needed, main battery 6v to 12v max.

Size is a factor, the smallest possible for space.

If anyone knows of anything can you please include a link and I`m Not opposed to ebay also. Tried looking there BUT NOT sure of the exact title for the search.

Thanks in Advance for the help.
George

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello
I would like your help. I am looking for a mini/micro sized audio playback circuit with a amplifier built in. I would like to use it in my R.C boat projects. I would like it do be able to:
1. Have an audio file on my computer and plug the circuit into the computer, directly or via cable to load file into circuit.
2. Able to activate with an external switch, mechanical or electronic to activate the playback of the audio, either one time or a loop playback.
3. Circuit to be powered from main battery through voltage reduction if needed, main battery 6v to 12v max.

Size is a factor, the smallest possible for space.

If anyone knows of anything can you please include a link and I`m Not opposed to ebay also. Tried looking there BUT NOT sure of the exact title for the search.

Thanks in Advance for the help.
George
I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything that meets all of your requirements. Looks like it might require a custom design.

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
...not precisely what you specified ...

http://www.eletech.com/Products/QuikVoice_Chips/quikvoice_chips.htm

... According to the web page, you would record a selected sound, using your computer, on an EPROM. Then the EPROM would be placed on the RC craft. ... The description states that the sound is of high quality
... activation would have to be developed.

Edit ... there are other chips, which only require an electret microphone ... have used this, but will have to look around for the manufacturer.

Last edited:

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello
Thanks for your replies. I looked at them and I have questions about Post 4 and 6. Post 4, that circuit has a microphone to record a short audio, can it be plugged into a laptop to transfer the audio file for better quality? IF NOT, is there a similar circuit that can and in that size range?
The same for post 6. I need some more audio storage capacity then a few seconds though.
George

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
The ISD chips accept an analog input, you can replace the mic with a simple attenuator made from 2 resistors and use the audio out from a computer to drive it.

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello Again
I found this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ISD1700-Seri...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Would this do what I need? What kind of speaker would I need? I tried to contact the seller but No reply. Can this be made to playback once or set to a loop?

Also I know it has a mic BUT can someone design a adapter so I can plug this into my computer USB and transfer the audio file directly into it with NO chances of "dirty" audio copy?

Let me know what you think OR is there something like this BUT better?

Thanks Again for the help.
George

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello
Thanks blocco a spirale for the tip.

Can someone tell me what speaker can be used with this. I emailed the seller BUT only got a reply from a worker who had No idea.
Thanks Again
George

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Hello
Thanks blocco a spirale for the tip.

Can someone tell me what speaker can be used with this. I emailed the seller BUT only got a reply from a worker who had No idea.
Thanks Again
George
Rather than emailing the seller you could have just read what it says in the listing: "recommendation 4 Ω 3W speakers".

Last edited:

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello Again blocco a spirale
The speaker specs you posted are not for the link you gave me and I later asked about. The circuit link is in post # 11 and I looked there and I can not see any speaker value.
George

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
The speaker specs you posted are not for the link you gave me and I later asked about. The circuit link is in post # 11 and I looked there and I can not see any speaker value.
George
I'm talking about the module I linked to in post #6 and the speaker rating is given in that ebay listing. Simply choose any 4Ω speaker/s rated at 2W or more.

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Thank You for the help.
Is there an extra design circuit for a direct USB connection to my laptop someone can supply, so I can send the audio sample to this circuit and have it recorded into it so there is No chance of outside noise being recorded with the audio if I use the built in microphone?
George

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Thank You for the help.
Is there an extra design circuit for a direct USB connection to my laptop someone can supply, so I can send the audio sample to this circuit and have it recorded into it so there is No chance of outside noise being recorded with the audio if I use the built in microphone?
George
:confused: I give up!

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello
Before you "give up" how about reply to my question. What is the circuit design that I need to make to replace the microphone input from my laptop through the USB port so I can record sound in that Circuit I just bought through ebay? I know you said some resistors, which values? is there MORE to the extra circuit of cable adapter?
Remember this is my FIRST attempt at this.
Thanks again for the help.
George

Last edited:

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Hello
Before you "give up" how about reply to my question. What is the circuit design that I need to make to replace the microphone input from my laptop through the USB port so I can record sound in that Circuit I just bought through ebay? I know you said some resistors, which values? is there MORE to the extra circuit of cable adapter?
Remember this is my FIRST attempt at this.
Thanks again for the help.
George
I linked to an MP3 player module in Post#6; go to Post#6 and click on the link!, it plays MP3 files from an SD card that you copy files to from a PC, it does not have a microphone input, I have never said anything about "some resistors".

I cannot make this any clearer.

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
I linked to an MP3 player module in Post#6; go to Post#6 and click on the link!, it plays MP3 files from an SD card that you copy files to from a PC, it does not have a microphone input, I have never said anything about "some resistors".

I cannot make this any clearer.

Yes you now have made it perfectly clear to me. Again Thank You for your Time and Help. I have ordered one of the circuit from your post 6 and the right speaker.
Again Thanks for your Time and Help.
George

Last edited: