Looking for info on "Pulse Power Systems" treadmill controller QQ2245

Jeff Shepard

Joined Oct 8, 2018
Hello,

I have a motor and controller from a treadmill I would like to re-purpose as a bandsaw motor. The controller is made by Pulse Power Systems who I believe is out of business. The model number is QQ2245. I found a service manual for the treadmill that tells me it has a PWM input pin I can use to drive it. Does anyone have any info on how to control this? The PWM circuit chip (SG3526) will be expecting a certain PWM frequency. I see user IamJatinah has mentioned knowing something about these controllers, but I can't seem to message him. Maybe I don't have enough posts?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are basically two way these boards are controlled, either 5k-10k pot or a external PWM signal.
That IC you quote also accepts a analog (pot) signal apparently.
If you search for MC-2100 that shows details of a PWM control circuit.
Max.

Jeff Shepard

Joined Oct 8, 2018
There are basically two way these boards are controlled, either 5k-10k pot or a external PWM signal.
That IC you quote also accepts a analog (pot) signal apparently.
If you search for MC-2100 that shows details of a PWM control circuit.
Max.
Hi Max,

Thanks, I've read the information about the MC-2100. That controller requires a ~51ms pulse period to be sent (20Hz). I have no idea if that is the same with the Pulse Power Systems controller. I will probably use a simple Arduino circuit to generate the PWM pulses. I see the reference to an analog input to the SG3526 chip, but I'm not clear which pins it would connect to, or if I can just over ride the PWM input with it.

I'll see if I can measure the Ct, Rt, and Rd values to ground to figure out the oscillator frequency.

Jeff

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A little reverse engineering may show whether a connector goes to which pin on the controller, e.g. pot input etc.
Pin 15, 17, 18.
Max.