Looking for Electronics theory book

Uncle Levi

Joined Mar 4, 2008
I'm brand new here. I just happened to stumble onto the site. Years ago I taught Radar Electronics for three years in the AF and I was an ATC Radar Technician for 22 years. The reason I say all this is : I have a General class Ham Radio license and want to update to Extra class.The question pool is FULL of electronics formula and theory questions (phase angle,polar and rectangular coordinates,logrithms, etc)-- the reactance & time constant math and the "easy" stuff I pretty much remember, but a lot of the "hard" stuff I've forgotten . (SORRY TO GET SO WORDY). Does anyone know a good electronics theory book (above basics) that would be good to study to help me get some of this knowlege back. I'd appreciate any info anyone can offer. Thank you . Uncle Levi

Uncle Levi

Joined Mar 4, 2008
Mostly where I'm having trouble is remembering how and when to use the formulas for Rectangular and polar coordinates,and Thevenin's therom. Most of the other formula uses are coming back to memory, but some practice with phase angle problems, bandwidth and beamwidth problems, and even some resonance practice would help. Also some explaination of the use of almost any formulas would be welcome study.I don't know if such books are available and if not, I can use what I have available now. It's just not very in-depth. Levi

Uncle Levi

Joined Mar 4, 2008
THANKS Dave !!!! That's Exactly what I'm looking for !! The info here will DEFINATELY help a LOT! I really appreciate the help !! Levi