Looking for different sizes of resistors

Shannonisanerd

Joined Apr 12, 2016
I have went back to school at 40 yrs and trying to get an associate in electrical engineering. I'm am looking for resistors varying from very little ohm to very big ohm. There is no electronic stores in kingsport tn anymore but now I have move and am unfamiliar with the mooresburg tn area. Anyone got some or will you point me in the right direction . thanks

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Seems like brick-and-mortar electronics parts stores have gone the way of the dodo, doesn't it? I buy nearly all of my electronic components anymore online, from Digi-Key. They have almost anything you could possibly want.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
You can buy all sorts of kits on Amazon, Karlsson robotics, etc. That come with an assortment of resistors, transistors, anything you want really. Digikey and Mouser are great when you know exactly what you need. Search Amazon for Joe knows kits to get started.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I have went back to school at 40 yrs and trying to get an associate in electrical engineering. I'm am looking for resistors varying from very little ohm to very big ohm. There is no electronic stores in kingsport tn anymore but now I have move and am unfamiliar with the mooresburg tn area. Anyone got some or will you point me in the right direction . thanks
I am a retired electronics adult school instructor. The school is now closed (Nevada Institute of Technology) and I literally have a school's supply of excess parts.
If you are interested I can send you a small box of resistors, diodes, transistors and such. I will try to send you a Personal Message with the details if you are interested.
Otherwise DigiKey is great.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
The basic kit for the class was one of every value from 1 Ohm to 10 M Ohm, 1/4W, 5%.
Also included was an assortment of diodes, transistors, LEDs and stuff along with exercises to do. Power supply, DVM, A selection of ICs.
it was basically a 500 hour course on basic electronics for slot machine theory and repair. Not engineering. When the city college started their program all the private schools went out of business except for one.

Shannonisanerd

Joined Apr 12, 2016
I am a retired electronics adult school instructor. The school is now closed (Nevada Institute of Technology) and I literally have a school's supply of excess parts.
If you are interested I can send you a small box of resistors, diodes, transistors and such. I will try to send you a Personal Message with the details if you are interested.
Otherwise DigiKey is great.
Thanks a lot. It will help me alot