Looking for Collaborators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapansi

Joined Nov 23, 2020
Hello!

This is Gabriele and Nicolas. We are two students currently following our master's in mechanical engineering at the TU Delft University.

We are embarking on a start-up idea related to agriculture. We are currently looking for electronics enthusiasts, or anyone who thinks could be a good fit.

We truly believe in our idea and we are looking for people who are willing to help and most importantly to become an active part of this project and join the team.

If you are interested in hearing more about the project and think you could be a good fit please contact us at <SNIP>. We are more than excited to hear from you and tell you more about the project!

Moderators note : removed email to avoid spam

gapansi

Joined Nov 23, 2020
I have just noticed that my email was removed to avoid spam. Feel free to comment here if you are interested!

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You might be more likely to get a response if you were more specific about the skills you are looking for. How could anyone tell if they are a good fit with the info you have given?

Bob

gapansi

Joined Nov 23, 2020
Thanks for your answer BobTPH. You are completely right!

We are basically trying to build our first prototype; however, we do not feel completely confident about our capabilities and expertise in dealing with electronics components such as microcontrollers and sensors. We are therefore looking for someone who has experience in this field. I do not know the correct jargon but simply put, we need someone who can create/collect data from specific sensors.

I hope this is more clear now.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You will likely get better response if you be more open with what you are trying to create.
So far the only hints you have provided are:

• mechanical engineering
  • agriculture
  • microcontrollers
  • sensors

Anyone with the required expertise is not interested in his/her specific area. They would want to know the big picture and the specific application. Tell us more.

For example, are you trying to create a farm bot?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
There are a lot of people on this forum who can guide you in using a microcontroller to capture, analyze, and display data from a sensor.

Generally, they need something more to work with than you have provided. It seems you want to hire or "collaborate" with an individual. You could be talking about a day's or maybe a week's work. Then again it might take much longer. Vague offers such as you make do not often reach fruition. What are you offering?

I suggest working within the school you are attending. Surely, there are EE students or even hobbyists who can help, maybe even a starving professor.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A couple of things
  • Electronic enthusiast sounds like a euphemism for someone who is wealthy enough to work without compensation
  • Electronic enthusiast is not the same thing as an engineering professional
  • You get what you pay for
  • Why would you risk your enterprise with no guarantee of a quality result
  • Your pitch is less than compelling
  • If you don't have the ability to pay people, then your business plan is...incomplete.
  • Somebody needs to put on their business hat

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
What I read is this:

"Come work for free for a company run by nobody with experience, on a completly undefined project"

Sorry to be harsh.
I would suggest sticking close to home with this.
Ask your teachers and friends for connections, be open with them about what you are doing, being secretive will only waste everyones time and energy, don't worry that they will "steal your idea".

gapansi

Joined Nov 23, 2020
Woah! I feel you guys roasted me ahahah.

Okay, I guess everyone here is too advanced and experienced for what I want to do. Sorry for wasting your time reading my small introduction.

And yeah feedback is appreciated, a bit harsh I gotta say but I'll take that. It is always nicer to receive some constructive feedback rather than destructive. I posted the same message in other forums and people reacted in a very different way, where they were asking more questions and gave very constructive feedback without downgrading me.

You do not have to always pay someone to get something in return. Helping for the sake of helping still exists in this world (I guess).

Cheers to everyone!

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
It is always nicer to receive some constructive feedback rather than destructive. I posted the same message in other forums and people reacted in a very different way, where they were asking more questions and gave very constructive feedback without downgrading me.
Ha. This is the consequence of participation awards.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This is the consequence of participation awards and who didn't get any
Participation awards happened after our time. Better we throw a ton of cold water on your plan now than after you've wasted millions in other people's money on a pipe dream. If you're successful it will be because of the harsh criticism and because you focused on and solved the problems which appear manifest.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Yes, there was a question initially, and some of us tried to respond with positive suggestions despite the history of failure for such proposals. Sensacell responded a bit harshly, but probably well meaning. That should have been it, but as predictable as a broken clock, Papabravo and joeyd999 piled on. Finally you.

Does AAC have a penalty for unsportsman-like behavior?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
joeyd999 piled on....
I would have stayed out of it, save for TS's reaction when he -- seemingly surprisingly -- didn't get the response that his little heart desired.

Had he made an effort to understand the invaluable information he was being provided by the ol' folk who've been around the block a few times, the conversation could have been far more constructive.

Moral of the story: you don't always get what you want, but, if you try sometimes, well, you might find you get what you need.

That, and "respect your elders."

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I would have stayed out of it, save for TS's reaction when he -- seemingly surprisingly -- didn't get the response that his little heart desired.

Had he made an effort to understand the invaluable information he was being provided by the ol' folk who've been around the block a few times, the conversation could have been far more constructive.

Moral of the story: you don't always get what you want, but, if you try sometimes, well, you might find you get what you need.

That, and "respect your elders."
@joeyd999 That's two "nailed its" in one thread. You're on a roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.