Looking for Circuit Design Software

Jassper

Joined Sep 24, 2008
I'm looking for a good circuit design program that allows me to draw schematics and possibly analyze the circuit.

Thanks

Jassper

Joined Sep 24, 2008
Thanks, One I haven't seen mentioned yet is this one,
http://www.pad2pad.com/

I use it now, but was mainly wanting a good schematic program for prints. I use TurboCAD for that now, But there is no net list or anything like that with it.

Jassper

Joined Sep 24, 2008
Hi, i could not follow your question, do you want to Circuit design aide software, or other programme software?
I was hopeing to find a inexspensive or freeware software that allows circuit desing and simulation.

I tried Visual spice free demo but it crashes on Vista. Eagle 5.2 is a good circuit design program but doesn't have simulation.

I currently use Pad2Pad for my circuit board layout and design.

Thanks

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I was hopeing to find a inexspensive or freeware software that allows circuit desing and simulation.

I tried Visual spice free demo but it crashes on Vista. Eagle 5.2 is a good circuit design program but doesn't have simulation.

I currently use Pad2Pad for my circuit board layout and design.

Thanks
I know some of the recommendations in this thread don't work on Vista, so you may need to look at VM running XP or the like to use them.

Dave

I've developed a freeware just for that !
Simulating logic circuits, easy and very graphical..
allows saving, exporting, navigating recursively between gates.

I'd be honored if you use it and glad to hear comments.
You can download it at my site: http://drawing-tools.110mb.com/
the name is "Board Drawing".

Hope that helps :D,
Shai Duvdevani

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I've developed a freeware just for that !
Simulating logic circuits, easy and very graphical..
allows saving, exporting, navigating recursively between gates.

I'd be honored if you use it and glad to hear comments.
You can download it at my site: http://drawing-tools.110mb.com/
the name is "Board Drawing".

Hope that helps :D,
Shai Duvdevani
Very impressive, Shai. How extensible are the libraries? It would be good if you could encourage a user-created repository for components/gates etc.

Thanks for sharing. Your other software looks useful for learning too.

Dave

Thanks very much for checking them out, and you're right-
I do want to encourage such a repository.
The libraries are very extensible, you can save boards and parts are saved in the "Parts" folder (you can copy paste them from one machine to another).

Unfortunately I don't think my current host 110mb.com supports uploads so I'll have to find a way (I just opened my site this monday). I'm still thinking about ways to improve it, such as creating categories for parts or working toward building the PEMIC (pedagogic computer running basic assembler).

Any question you might have (also about the source code), I'll be glad to answer.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I'm looking for a good circuit design program that allows me to draw schematics and possibly analyze the circuit.

Thanks
ICAP4 by Intusoft is my application of choice. Has a great CAD drawing front end and SPICE analysis. You can get a free eval demo from Intusoft that's about 95% functional with the paid version. (And a LOT cheaper!)

eric

Sorry guys, but I forgot to put the most important button in the utility I mentioned earlier (Board drawing).

I forgot to put the "Make a new gate" button that takes the board you build and turns it into a chip on the new gate.. (oops ^^).
I have no uploaded the new version with the button.
Again, sorry about all that.