Looking for an Ironman 220T transformer

gleazer

Joined May 31, 2021
Hello. I am trying to find specs for a transformer for an Ironman 220T treadmill. The part number
is 08-0160. It also has numbers E229117 and JY431. I believe it is a simple 120V to 24V step down
transformer, looks like the secondary is shorted. Anyone know what the specs are or where I can
find a replacement?

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Hammond transformer Source, or Digikey.
Common transformer, what makes you think the secondary is shorted?
Use physical dimensions for va sizeing.

old_beggar

Joined Jan 29, 2021
gleazer the DC resistance of the secondary will likely be close to 0 ohms even if it is ok (depends on how good your meter is), but in any case it looks like a bog-standard chassis transformer - you can get a replacement from many suppliers. Just check dimensions including distance between mounting holes.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you remove the secondary conductors completely and run the transformer for a while, check secondary voltage, and it should only be mildly warm, if voltage low and if Hot to the touch, then it could in fact be shorted.

gleazer

Joined May 31, 2021
If you remove the secondary conductors completely and run the transformer for a while, check secondary voltage, and it should only be mildly warm, if voltage low and if Hot to the touch, then it could in fact be shorted.
Thanks for the quick response. I’ll check it out!!!

Gary