Looking for a PC/USB Oscilloscope (suggestions?)

SiO

Joined Sep 12, 2011
Hi all,

Does anyone own a PC-USB oscilloscope?
I'm looking for something kinda cheap to begin with.

But are they reliable?
Versatile?

(saw some for 30$ on Ebay...)

Any brands better then others?

Thx

jwilk13

Joined Jun 15, 2011
I have one of these. It's okay, but I still prefer my old analog scope over it. It does have a function generator and a data logger feature though, which is nice. The price is pretty steep though, especially if you're already looking in the $30 range :p Also, their software isn't great. I would expect it to be able to calculate frequency, convert between voltages (RMS, max, peak-to-peak, etc.), and do some of the things a decent digital scope would do, but it doesn't. It's easy enough to calculate those by hand, but I would expect more out of a $200 USB scope.

Maybe check this out too.

SiO

Joined Sep 12, 2011
I have one of these. It's okay, but I still prefer my old analog scope over it. It does have a function generator and a data logger feature though, which is nice. The price is pretty steep though, especially if you're already looking in the $30 range :p Also, their software isn't great. I would expect it to be able to calculate frequency, convert between voltages (RMS, max, peak-to-peak, etc.), and do some of the things a decent digital scope would do, but it doesn't. It's easy enough to calculate those by hand, but I would expect more out of a $200 USB scope.

Maybe check this out too.
Thx! Ill check it out for sure!