Looking for a Multisim model of the 74HC595

LocoRojo

Joined Mar 26, 2018
Hello guys,

I'm a first year student Electronics/ICT and for a project I want to make a LED Matrix. The problem is that we have to use Multisim to design a pcb but I can't find the 74HC595 they are talking about in this instructble http://www.instructables.com/id/810-LED-Matrix-with-4017/ . He says you can do it without but this may bring up some compilations along the way when trying to light the leds.

If you guys have any idea on how to get the Circuit model of this IC or have another program that i can use to get it and then make a PCB design that would be great.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

LocoRojo

Joined Mar 26, 2018

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Yes...those are third party libraries for use with LTspice.

I didn’t see an 74HC595 though...maybe you can find s CD4000 equivalent...?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I always use the 16F59 for these kinds of circuits, dont need any extra components, its more like a practical approach.

If I dont have a component in the PCB editor library I just put the pads, makes no difference in the end.

So its a 16pin PDIP, just put a "wrong" IC with 16 pins and check the pin connections are the ones you need.

Theres no AI in place so the computer actually will not know at all.

LocoRojo

Joined Mar 26, 2018
I always use the 16F59 for these kinds of circuits, dont need any extra components, its more like a practical approach.

If I dont have a component in the PCB editor library I just put the pads, makes no difference in the end.

So its a 16pin PDIP, just put a "wrong" IC with 16 pins and check the pin connections are the ones you need.

Theres no AI in place so the computer actually will not know at all.
That's what I was looking for, so I can use a different IC as long as it has the SO-16 format right ? I couldn't find the 16F59 model you mentioned but i guess i can use any SO-16 model ?

Thank you in advance

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
That's what I was looking for, so I can use a different IC as long as it has the SO-16 format right ? I couldn't find the 16F59 model you mentioned but i guess i can use any SO-16 model ?

Thank you in advance
Exactly yes you can use any IC for the pads, just obviously the pin names will be nonsense and you need to take care about it manually so it makes sense.

16F59 is TQFP44 has a lot of IO so doesnt need the shifting registers

LocoRojo

Joined Mar 26, 2018
Exactly yes you can use any IC for the pads, just obviously the pin names will be nonsense and you need to take care about it manually so it makes sense.

16F59 is TQFP44 has a lot of IO so doesnt need the shifting registers
I'm not sure what you mean with "16F59 is TQFP44 has a lot of IO so doesnt need the shifting registers". because I coudn't find the TQFP either. I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, not that familiar yet with Ic's and stuff.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I'm not sure what you mean with "16F59 is TQFP44 has a lot of IO so doesnt need the shifting registers". because I coudn't find the TQFP either. I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, not that familiar yet with Ic's and stuff.
The 16F5X are low cost 8 bit FLASH microcontrollers.

The F59 costs a dollar approx, also as PDIP40. It is not difficult to read the datasheet.

All you need is C language, and a FLASH programmer they cost some $12 or so, PICKIT3

This IC could drive 7segment and small matrix directly.

Theres also ICs like TM1638.

Maybe for the time being, use the 74HC595.