Looking for a high powered Infrared (IR) flashlight

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I see them on Amazon but they are printed in english but the language is poorly used. I would suspect that their claims of a 2600 mA battery to be equivalent to a Samsung 2600 mA battery to be false. That they're trying to make the sell.

Anyway, I'm looking for a high powered Infrared flashlight. LED type. Something that can illuminate a person at 100 M. Does anyone know of a good source (reliable, not made somewhere that only wants to steal my money) for such items? I'm in the U.S.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
You may want to check with your local Home Depot store. They carry:
Outdoor Infrared Illuminator

The nice part is if it doesn't meet muster it has a 90 day return policy. The not nice is they mention a 24 VAC power source. My guess is it could be hacked for battery use. Anyway if you have a local Home Depot or Lowes you could stop and see what they have available.

Ron

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
You may want to check with your local Home Depot store
Could hack. But some of what I'm finding on line is focusable with a single element (or maybe 3). Battery powered. No need for hacking. Don't want to hang 32 IR LED's around my neck, so something like an IR flood light isn't quite what I have in mind.