Looking for a Digi XBee 3 LTE-M/NB-IoT alternative

Rednecklawrence

Joined Jul 15, 2015
I am just getting into a project and need to find an alternative to the modem in the title. This modem has a few features I'd like to keep, such as the easier to use Digi interface as compared to just working with the UBlox modem directly, and that it works globally. However I need something that works on LTE with fallbacks for 3G and/or 2G, because this needs to work in many different places. That and not all SIM cards have support for LTE-M. I looked into the UBlox Toby-R200-82B as it has the features that I need, but it's datasheet was rather daunting and all I really need is a data connection. Does anyone have any recommendations?

OEMbedded

Joined May 7, 2020
I've been using Multi-Tech Socket modems.The support from them has been really good.
If you talk to them and explain what you're trying to do, they can steer you to the right product.

mtekippe

Joined May 20, 2020
I am just getting into a project and need to find an alternative to the modem in the title. This modem has a few features I'd like to keep, such as the easier to use Digi interface as compared to just working with the UBlox modem directly, and that it works globally. However I need something that works on LTE with fallbacks for 3G and/or 2G, because this needs to work in many different places. That and not all SIM cards have support for LTE-M. I looked into the UBlox Toby-R200-82B as it has the features that I need, but it's datasheet was rather daunting and all I really need is a data connection. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Hello, I'd like to discuss this further with you and explore a few possible options. Let's connect over PM if you're open to this.

Mark
Director of Product Management
Digi International