Looking for a book recommendation

zemanekj

Joined Jan 31, 2019
I am looking for a book that will teach me about the **BASICS** of oscillation and/or resonant frequency (electrical or mechanical). I've been looking for hours but all of the books I've found so far are not intro level books - they just right into the math, which would be great, but I need a book that will explain things to me in a qualitative manner before I jump into quantitative examinations of the subject.

Does that make sense? I'm looking for an "oscillation and/or resonant frequency intro for dummies book"

Does something like that even exist? Thank you, and let me know if you need me to clarify the question.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Find an older version of "The Radio Amateurs Handbook", 1980 to 1990, or possibly even to 2000. They have introductory sections that start at the basic explanations of what is going on before showing the math part. And often you can find the older ones a lot cheaper.

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
Find an older version of "The Radio Amateurs Handbook", 1980 to 1990, or possibly even to 2000. They have introductory sections that start at the basic explanations of what is going on before showing the math part. And often you can find the older ones a lot cheaper.
Do you mean "The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications [or 'Amateurs']"?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Do you mean "The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications [or 'Amateurs']"?
That sounds like a different title. The one I am thinking of has both theory and construction articles. The ARRL publishes lots of different titles. That title may be for a much newer publication, not the ones I am thinking about. And every "handbook" has a year in the name, because it is a yearly publication.
I looked at the 2020 issue in a library and found it very disappointing.
If you can possibly find one in a library to see if it contains what you need I suggest that. Even if it is a reference that you can't check out, you can see if the technical introductions are what you seek, or not.

Thank you so much for these links, I am also a new and just a student. So, that is why need them books at least for the basics of frequency. I was looking for the course too, but on Coursera, can you advise something on this platform? Talking about resources and services I remember the one I used at college. That was a difficult quarantine time when I needed https://au.edubirdie.com/geography-assignment-help to complete numerous of my assignments. Especially, geography assignment help was needed)) I am thinking about trying this service and order paper on oscillation and resonant frequency too.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
One more thing is that oscillation and resonance are not beginners areas. First you need to understand a lot more of the circuit theory about AC current and voltage and phase angles and at least a bit about amplification. At least that was the approach when I was in a technical college. Oscillation was in the third semester, after DC and then AC circuit theory. So the foundation has to come first.