Look what I found

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Hi,
Seems that you were cleaning a great place. The book is related to 555 timer but circuit on the breadboard in the cover page has long DIP IC, double long than 8 pin DIP. Is that a classic version of 555?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hi,
Seems that you were cleaning a great place. The book is related to 555 timer but circuit on the breadboard in the cover page has long DIP IC, double long than 8 pin DIP. Is that a classic version of 555?
It well might be an NE558 or NE556.

Edit: a 556. The quad 558 was 16 pins DIP. /Edit

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I've got the entire collection... would you like to see it?
All 36 books? Wow!

I'm thinking I might have ten, give or take.

I'd be interested in seeing a full list of titles. I could probably track it down, but I've never had the gumption.

His Bibliography is huge and, while I suspect they are all listed there, the organization makes it a bit hard to be sure (since the titles used for Radio Shack were not completely consistent).

I'd love to get into his model rocketry telemetry articles -- if I had something resembling free time.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
:eek: 36!!!???? EEEEEkkk!.... my bad then... :confused: I must have around 20 or 22... :oops: I gotta go find them and then I'll get back with a list, and maybe some pics...
36 is (according to one source) the number of books that Radio Shack commissioned him to write. I don't know how many of those were "officially" these "Engineer's Mini-Notebook"s. I'm pretty sure there were at least a few that were written in the same style but not part of that set.