Look for device convert hdmi to composite signal

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hello
Is there a device person can buy or circuit a person can build to convert HDMI to composite signal..
I got Satellite receiver that has Hdmi output ,want connect that output to a Vcr that has composite input.
i purchase this device see picture has Hdmi input composite output (Don't work).
MrelIMG_20180205_020935.jpg

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
How is it powered? A small current power source can cause a problem
What is the HDMI source?
What is the HDMI resolution. According to some Amazon reviews it only works if the input is 480i.
Does it output audio?
The Amazon reviews list a lot of problems with the device.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Please explain “doesn’t work.”

Bob
Bob
Doesn't work, i explain when output from satellite receiver ( C band receiver) which is HDMI connect to that convert box input and other end from the output from convert box to the VCR no display on the tv.
mrel

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Doesn't work? Send it back. Don't replace it with the same unit. Apparently a lot of people have had issues with that particular model.

I'll be watching to see if someone comes up with a circuit that converts HDMI to Composite.

Bob asked about sound. How are you getting sound? ARE you getting sound? Are you using an outside audio system like a sound bar or external speakers? Are you using fiber optics for sound?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Suggest you return that device and look for one on Amazon with good reviews.
Those will likely cost more than the cheap ones.